Valentine's

Cooked Mrs. Cheese a delightful meal of oysters (well, they weren't cooked), then a ragout of fine seafood, then roasted brill fillets with new potatoes and spinach, but did my hollandaise work out? Did it nuts.

Happy Valentine's Day folks. I love you all (especially Pig Cat).

I'm glad Mrs F doesn't look in here. She got a jacket spud done in the microwave when I volunteered to cook this week. It's about my limit.

I'll be responsible today though.

Out for lunch.

Have a great day, all you romantics.

My compliments Dave - the ability cook is one of the many attributes of a cultivated man.
And cooking for one's wife on a special occasion is a lovely gesture - well done indeed! - yet another example of "Le Galanterie Anglaise"

I said to my GF i dont think we should do valentines this year.
She gave me a look, and i then had to start thinking of what to get her and go and get it for my own safety!!!
Anyway, rode over to hers yesterday after work, went out for a meal at the local pub( a very nice one!) which filled us up to bursting. Did the pub quiz then went back to hers
She working today though so lots of time for the bike!!!!!

Valentines Day is officially ignored in our house.

We never bothered for years, but last year we said, okay, let's get each other a card and a pressie.

About 15 minutes after we exchanged said items, and whilst I was mid-shave, the phone rang, and it was Mrs.M's Mum, telling us that her Dad was in hospital after suffering a heart attack. So no more Valentines.

He's still with us, btw. Saw him yesterday, and he's in much better shape than he was in a year ago.

Ian

SirPrize said:
My compliments Dave - the ability cook is one of the many attributes of a cultivated man.
And cooking for one's wife on a special occasion is a lovely gesture - well done indeed! - yet another example of "Le Galanterie Anglaise"
Why thank you, Anthony. I did rather spoil the occasion by losing my rag utterly when my hollandaise didn't work out but then... I am an artiste and my passions run high.

cheese_dave said:
Why thank you, Anthony. I did rather spoil the occasion by losing my rag utterly when my hollandaise didn't work out but then... I am an artiste and my passions run high.
Losing one's rag when a sauce fails is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

I'm sure you already know this as an accomplished artiste...

but using a blender is fairly full proof, not classic but a little added whipped egg white lightens and stabilises the mix even when bringing back to the stove.

It happens I made a mess of some Aioli the other day.

I usually treat my good lady to a Valentine's gift, and today was no different. Considering how much I've spent indulging my 'enthusiasm' for wetshaving over the past few months, I thought it only fair to make SWMBL the object of my spending for once. I might be mistaken, but I'm not sure she fully appreciated the tub of J M Fraser's shaving cream she received. :?

cheese_dave said:
[ I did rather spoil the occasion by losing my rag utterly when my hollandaise didn't work out but then... I am an artiste and my passions run high.

I feel your pain Dave; I have the same problem with Hollendaise. As for mayonnaise, I've lost track of the eggs that have been sacrificed in that cause, never resulting in anything remotely edible.

It doesn't bode well for lotions and shaving balms, does it??

This morning I said to my wife
"Seeing as its Valentines day today what would you like to do?"

She replied "Hmmmm I'm not sure. Let's think..."

In response I said

"No, let's do something that you can do, too."

Back
Top Bottom