Unnecessary reformulations - why?

cassia and joe, please sort me out on this - tallow is rendered animal fat/lard whereas lanolin is what keeps sheep's wool greasy/weather proof (we used to carry home big tanks full of it from New Zealand).

Do we have tallow and lanolin in any particular soap, or just one or the other? Mitchell's I assumed to be lanolin, as in 'wool fat'.

joe mcclaine said:
Czech & Speake still has tons of tallowy goodness in its shaving soap, as has Mitchell's Woolfat.

Only in their hard shaving soaps, unless they have more product elsewhere than appears in the London shop.

Having just visited their website, I really don't care what they have in the soaps - it is not a meatter that concerns me!!

£18 or £21 for a refill to put in your £77 black dish!! Thank the lawd for our very own Prof. Blighty and Barbershop! and cassia in a while!

cassia said:
joe mcclaine said:
Czech & Speake still has tons of tallowy goodness in its shaving soap, as has Mitchell's Woolfat.

Only in their hard shaving soaps, unless they have more product elsewhere than appears in the London shop.

I thought we were only talking about shaving soap?

joe mcclaine said:
cassia said:
joe mcclaine said:

I thought we were only talking about shaving soap?

They have both hard and cream shaving soap- i meant that only the hard has tallow, the cream does not

I can only think of profit when it comes to shaving soap reformulations.But not all reformulation have been that bad actually,some of them worked fine for a period of time,like the Geo F. Trumper shaving soaps (veggie based version) until the dull ones came out (same ingredient list than the first veggie based reformulations,poor performance).The same have happened with soaps like Truefitt and Hill or Cyril R. Salter.
In foroafeitado we requested LEA/BEA to introduced a better shaving stick in the market, and they came out with a tallow/lanolin version as you can read here : http://www.foroafeitado.com/foro/afeitado-en-general-14/lea-jabon-afeitar-peticion-masiva-traves-email-cambio-formulacion-2610/
Now we are sending a petition to Henkel (La Toja) to go back to the tallow stick version,as you can read here : http://www.foroafeitado.com/foro/afeitado-en-general-14/peticion-henkel-que-mejore-la-barrita-afeitar-la-toja-7419/ but its gonna be tough this time,however we are still sending petitions to them.
Sometimes makers/brands/companies listen to costumers,so what about sending petitions to Geo F. Trumper to revert back to a better formulation?What about letting Truefitt and Hill know that the new shaving soap its rubbish?Maybe we should start complaining more to them, via email, or even telephone calls to their customer service.

That also reminds me of that yesterday,I got two brand new Erasmic shaving stick (tallow) from a fine member of this board,and again,the idea of some companies listen to their customers request,is there, and if Erasmic was capable to revert back to its old tallow formulation,Im sure that the London brands could find a better soap maker/retailer to create their shaving soaps or even revert back to older formulations.

I tried emailing Keyline Brands about the reformulation of Erasmic cream a while back (not that the new one's bad per se, I just was a fan of the old one and find the new one rather bland and lacking individuality in comparison) - they emailed back basically saying "tough titty" - politely. But yes I think greater customer feedback when they get it wrong can't do any harm. If they get enough critical feedback they may react, as has been the case on the odd occasion as noted by Teiste.

Back
Top Bottom