U.K. Artisan Makers

Looking at those Mutiny razors and £30 for a razor, a brush and a soap is damn good value.

Like the look of the new hybrid. February they say. I think I can wait

Looking at those Mutiny razors and £30 for a razor, a brush and a soap is damn good value.

Like the look of the new hybrid. February they say. I think I can wait
The razor appears to be a Baili from China though, so even the "hybrid" razors are simply a 3d printed handle screwed to a cheap Chinese head. Not that Baili, Shave Factory etc. are necessarily bad (I wouldn't be here without my formative months using an SF289) but I wouldn't class that as UK artisan.

The razor appears to be a Baili from China though, so even the "hybrid" razors are simply a 3d printed handle screwed to a cheap Chinese head. Not that Baili, Shave Factory etc. are necessarily bad (I wouldn't be here without my formative months using an SF289) but I wouldn't class that as UK artisan.

Hey look. Anyone who has a Newport County football club razor can't be from China

OK, before this derails perhaps I should have added MACHINED artisan razors & not 3D or Chinese rebrands. Something like Karve, Wolfman, etc.

OK, before this derails perhaps I should have added MACHINED artisan razors & not 3D or Chinese rebrands. Something like Karve, Wolfman, etc.
Spoilsport.....you are ruining all our fun;).....but thanks for the opportunity! Unfortunately however.....I know no UK companies which will meet your requirements

Spoilsport.....you are ruining all our fun;).....but thanks for the opportunity! Unfortunately however.....I know no UK companies which will meet your requirements

Just to give them another gentle push. I think @motto has one, which brought them to my attention.

I did have half an SE I was making by hand on a ship out of brass. And then the company folded and it remained onboard.

Bugger.

Artisan? Debatable

That slant head is rather nice. Fairly mild, Tech level for me. I don't think they're machined, but quite reasonably well made.

They also list these in their eBay store:

I don't know whether they're machined or cast and then coated either, but the coating isn't very durable.
I had the open comb variant and I think it's the only razor I ever returned (other than one with a misadvertised Amazon listing). It was very aggressive, perhaps even more than the PAA Evolution DOC, and I find the Evolution more aggressive than the R41 and dscosmetics Z0. I'd rather use a shavette instead.

Perhaps the slant and the safety bar heads are more forgiving shavers, though.

We're too bleeding edge for our American brethren. Machined - that's so 2020. ;)

HZ5ICvt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom