Turkish shaving products?

quattrojames said:
Today I bought 200ml of Duru Lemon Cologne, and a 1 litre top up for just over £3! Top tip, thanks N_Architect. I also got some Fonex Malibu which I 'really' like, so thanks to Mikael for that one!

Expect more purchases in the coming days ;)

Where did you get that from James?

Hello, its great to hear good things about turkey. apart from arko shaving stick, you can buy arko shaving creams, 'derby' razor blades are turkish as well and they are as good as wilkinson sword. 'permatik' blades are disposable blades. also apart from lemon cologne, I suggest tabacco flower cologne which smells much much better( it should write in turkish: 'TUTUN CICEGI KOLONYASI' u's are actually umlauds with dot on top of them) and the brand is PE-RE-JA. another great turkish product according to my opinion is; if you like the smell of arko shave stick then buy 'HACI SAKIR, SAF SABUN' this is a really good well known brand completely natural sold in plain transparent plastic wraps in four, they have almost the same smell as arko stick, perfect for washing hair, very cheap as well.
good luck

quattrojames said:
Today I bought 200ml of Duru Lemon Cologne, and a 1 litre top up for just over £3! Top tip, thanks N_Architect. I also got some Fonex Malibu which I 'really' like, so thanks to Mikael for that one!

Fonex´s nice, they know what they´re doing, there´s a few still shaving traditional over there (understatement). I´m having myself some Fonex today :D

I'll 2nd what Mikael says.

With the exception of Arko, the only Turkish products I've used are blades (can't remember the brand) and Fonex Lemon Kolonya which is a cheap ass lemon cologne that works a treat as an AS

When we overwintered in Turkey we had a log burner or Sorba as they are called, to get the ruddy thing going I used this Lemon Cologne, bit of paper and a few stick a good squirt of the Lemon Cologne, throw a match in, shut the lid and away she goes, all good fun. :lol:

Guest said:
Hello, its great to hear good things about turkey. apart from arko shaving stick, you can buy arko shaving creams, 'derby' razor blades are turkish as well and they are as good as wilkinson sword. 'permatik' blades are disposable blades. also apart from lemon cologne, I suggest tabacco flower cologne which smells much much better( it should write in turkish: 'TUTUN CICEGI KOLONYASI' u's are actually umlauds with dot on top of them) and the brand is PE-RE-JA. another great turkish product according to my opinion is; if you like the smell of arko shave stick then buy 'HACI SAKIR, SAF SABUN' this is a really good well known brand completely natural sold in plain transparent plastic wraps in four, they have almost the same smell as arko stick, perfect for washing hair, very cheap as well.
good luck
Hello, The Haci Sakir saf nabun in 4-pack transparent wraps- where can I buy in Uk /online?
Cheers

Steve27752 said:
Thanks for the info, somethings to look out for. Can't wait to get out of the U.K!

When are you off Steve. I am going to Marmaris in 4 weeks and cannot wait to go.
I will have to note all these products to look for while I am out there.
Steve

Just come back from Marmaris. Wandered round the main town one day, but didn't really see anything. Local supermarket had Arko, Derby blades and disposables, but not much else.
Probably not looking in the right places.

Marmaris does appear to be the Benidorm of Turkey, with everything geared up for theme pubs and all things touristy.

bigsimes said:
Just come back from Marmaris. Wandered round the main town one day, but didn't really see anything. Local supermarket had Arko, Derby blades and disposables, but not much else.
Probably not looking in the right places.

Marmaris does appear to be the Benidorm of Turkey, with everything geared up for theme pubs and all things touristy.

Looks lik a train journey to get me a bit further out may be in order then........."looks for map of Turkey"

The mother inlaw is going in a few weeks and no doubt will be coming back.

How much does Arko and Duru cost over there so I can give her some dosh?

You can get Arko in the UK for £1.25 per stick delivered to your door (if you buy 12).... you can guess how much that is "on the ground". The Duru - I'm sure I read a post here that it was under 3 quid for a large bottle...

quattrojames said:

Back
Top Bottom