Turkish shaving products?

leaving out the obvious Turkish shaving product Arko, which I rate very highly, what other shaving products can I find from Turkish producers, the reason I ask is i'm packing the Mother inlaw off to Marmaris for a fortnight in early may, so I can get her to bring me a few things back.

Jamie.

Fonex AS/Colognes are good preformers and the least nasty smelling (that I could find). Fonex Malibu is my favourite. You´ll smell like a Man all day :D

Gibbon and Arko does AS/colognes too though ...

Mikael said:
Fonex AS/Colognes are good preformers and the least nasty smelling (that I could find). Fonex Malibu is my favourite. You´ll smell like a Man all day :D

Gibbon and Arko does AS/colognes too though ...

Well thanks Mikeal, that's one for the list , a few more products and we will almost be there. :)

Cheers Jamie.

Are Turkish products particularly good?

Thinking about it, you also see Turks with an incredibly good shave... and when I went on my holiday every other shop is a "barber shop" and they offer "traditional Turkish shaves".

Get her to bring you some of the Lemon Cologne back, it has many uses splash it on after a shave it's very refreshing, massage in the hair and round the temples it's a good stress reliever, it's also good for cleaning Stainless Steel and porcelain in the bathroom, splash some on and blow on it, a rapid cooler in the heat of the day.
Tell her not to buy it from the market traders they charge far too much, I saw it sold for up to £12 for a couple of small bottles and of course one thrown in for Free, about 700ml, you can buy a litre of it in the supermarkets for £3 :D :D

Skin Glider said:
Amnesia180 said:
Are Turkish products particularly good?

Thinking about it, you also see Turks with an incredibly good shave... and when I went on my holiday every other shop is a "barber shop" and they offer "traditional Turkish shaves".

Having lived in Turkey for a bit. I really got into barber shop shaving big time. Firstly its a great way to learn the language and secondly you get "in" with the locals. All i had to do was to remind them not to splash on some cheap aftershave afterwards that could strip paint !! Nice shave and a cup of tea was about 50p max in the non tourist areas. My skin was excellent (Food,sun etc helped)
Most of the dark skin med guys seem to be able to shave a lot neater than us. Guess they like it more due to it been part of their society ?

Thanks for the info. I'd love to live in Turkey, I've been a couple of times on holiday - next time I'm definitely going to have a turkish shave :)

I think you're right about them being able to shave neater than us. Whent hey have their goatees, or side burns that follow the line on their face etc, they certainly seem a lot more "swish" than some of our UK folk that give it a go?

hando said:
Damian Murphy said:
Been hearing good things about the permasharp blades which are available in Turkey

+1

Permasharp blades are absolutely brilliant!

I have seen talk somewhere (I cant remember where) that they were actually Iridiums in different packaging?!?

They certainly come from the same factory and shave as well in my opinion (please see signature caviat) :lol:

Well worth a punt!

Today I bought 200ml of Duru Lemon Cologne, and a 1 litre top up for just over £3! Top tip, thanks N_Architect. I also got some Fonex Malibu which I 'really' like, so thanks to Mikael for that one!

Expect more purchases in the coming days ;)

Back
Top Bottom