Trumpers Rose Soap

Picked up one of these when visiting Trumpers last week. Cheaper than another brush as a souvenir. I recalled excellent reviews. It certainly works for me. Lovely post shave skin - hard to describe. It just felt so very comfortable. Very easy to lather. What with adding a DRH Rose cream to the T&H I think I have more than enough roses for now. Off to use one now. Or is it time for lavender again? Which brush? Life was once so simple.

Totally agree Fido. Trumpers Rose is just so very...nice. It smells nice, lathers nicely, gives a nice cushion and leaves the skin nice.

As I have said before, even though I may not have used it for every shave, my Trumper's Rose soap has not been out of my bathroom since I bought it.

Ian

The rose is one of my favourite scents along with their sandalwood soap. Trumpers is a great example of a non tallow soap that works well.

I wish they made a spanish leather shaving soap...

I like to keep things simple and minimalist.... Trumper Rose is what I use exclusively.
dc18c533.jpg

Strange question i know....but how Rosey is the scent? I only ask as i had been dubious to try any Rose products for fear of smelling too much like a bunch of flowers / my Gran etc etc. I then bought the Taylors Rose Cream with the intention of trying and selling on if i wasn't keen, but found i quite liked it.

To that end, how does the Trumper's Rose stand?

Thanks,

I actually used some this afternoon doing a trial of one of my brushes at half time during the England match - a chap has to keep busy.

It's rose all right but not a particularly strong scent. By the time you have rinsed and applied after shave all trace is gone anyway.

I don't think even real roses smell flowery or perfumey as such.

Rest assured, Trumper's rose isn't girly.

Simply a Gentleman's soap for over 100 years. Muted Rose in my opinion. I would think you'd find it pleasing.

Back
Top Bottom