Trukish delights ...

rangers62 said:
joe mcclaine said:
Shave sticks were never meant to be rubbed on the face - despite what some packaging says - that's just to get you to use more soap.

Like shampoo - wash - rinse - repeat.

Just rub the brush on the soap and face-lather.

Vincenzo
Were they meant for travel then? because I think they could get messy, soggy paper etc using them like you describe.

I don't think they were designed for travel.

I reckon they were made as a smaller, cheaper alternative to bowls and refills.

My older male relatives all used shaving soap sticks, and they all rubbed their brushes on the soap.

I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be used directly on the face - it's just rough whiskers will scrape off much more soap than you really need.

joe mcclaine said:
it's just rough whiskers will scrape off much more soap than you really need.

But in that case and through experience one would simply wipe the stick over less of one's face and use the brush to "buff it out" surely?

For what it's worth, when my old man was still wetshaving he rubbed the stick on his face from a fancy push-up holder (ok it was plastic & free from Palmolive) but the idea from the holder was clear.

hunnymonster said:
joe mcclaine said:
it's just rough whiskers will scrape off much more soap than you really need.

But in that case and through experience one would simply wipe the stick over less of one's face and use the brush to "buff it out" surely?

For what it's worth, when my old man was still wetshaving he rubbed the stick on his face from a fancy push-up holder (ok it was plastic & free from Palmolive) but the idea from the holder was clear.

Yup! Like the old ice cream lollies 'Push-Ups' Remember?

Oh! Ref Turkish stuff, Dalan D'Men shave cream. I've got some, not too bad and cheap as.
PICT0006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom