Trukish delights ...

We´re off to Turkey on Saturday and I was going to ask if anyone knows of some shaving goodies to bring back? Arko I know and prob. will buy some (like scented Arko soaps or creams), but they should have more stuff around, since most people there use DE:s or straights (I think).

Thanks!

If you see the woman from that old Turkish Delight advert (and she hasn't aged a day, obv) – could you bring her back? She stirred things in me that I didn't know existed when I was a lad. :D

Lipsy

Might find out some info on some horsehair knots and a brush brand "Tezumil" - I think that's the spelling for it anyway - which uses them; they are very very boar like for a horsehair.

Maybe some of the lemon/rose water/ASLs they use in them there parts, too.

Thanks guys, but I straight razor shave (mostly, I use a DE sometimes for the head). Permasharp are good though, I´ve got plenty of singel edge blades to my shavette like razor (that I never use).

Aha, thanks UH! "Tezumil", will try and find them. Yep, got some nice turkish lavender edt for the wife as a present, she now uses it for the bed sheets :shock:

i'm not sure that Arko do scented soap, creams yes

i would recommend the aftershave cream

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.evyap.com.tr/en/urunler/erkek/erkek_arko_05.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evyap.com.tr/en/urunler/erke ... rko_05.asp</a><!-- m -->

Thank you Hando! I´ll try the shaving creams (I thought they had a lime scented one, but couldn´t find one on the site). Do you know if the AS creams are like ASB? If so, it´s not for me.

The Turkish barber next to me uses an Arko stick, which technically is a soap. He cuts a really thin slice and puts in the bottom of a cup / bowl and makes the lather up. I told him that I thought it was a great product, but, I rubbed it on my face before applying a brush. He looked at me awfully strangely. :|

PS

Hando, what was the Arko splash you sent me a sample of. Really good.

Shave sticks were never meant to be rubbed on the face - despite what some packaging says - that's just to get you to use more soap.

Like shampoo - wash - rinse - repeat.

Just rub the brush on the soap and face-lather.

joe mcclaine said:
Shave sticks were never meant to be rubbed on the face - despite what some packaging says - that's just to get you to use more soap.

Like shampoo - wash - rinse - repeat.

Just rub the brush on the soap and face-lather.

Vincenzo
Were they meant for travel then? because I think they could get messy, soggy paper etc using them like you describe.

Mikael said:
Do you know if the AS creams are like ASB? If so, it´s not for me.

no idea i've only tried the as creams and shaving creams

there is also Derby shaving cream from Turkey who do a Lemon and a Menthol but don't expect much lemon or menthol

Back
Top Bottom