trivia

Gosh, I didn't know it was even still made?? I might have to brave Rackhams and see if I can track down a free sniff just for a trip down memory lane. Been making Patchouli soap lately which is strangely popular. That takes me back to my very first boyfriend, who used to rub it on his jean jacket buttons. It was ones after that who were into Brut. If I remember right, Brut had an almost soapy smell, and was quite sweet and mellow??

I have finally found my Luca Turin book, and as promised, now post his description of Brut below:

'Brut (Helen of Troy Ltd) ** cheap fougere
Last time I looked, Brut was a Fabergé fragrance in a glass bottle wiith a chain around it. It now looks like mouthwash, comes in a plastic bottle, and belongs to a hilariously named outfit (had Helen been properly limited, Troy would have an airport). It smells sort of like the original, though the original itself had had several bits surgically removed over the years. It used to be a glorious sweet fougere that smelled at once clean and dirty and went on forever. Is it still Brutish enough for nostalgia? Only barely. But it costs almost nothing, so buy some, look in the mirror, narrow your eyes, and picture yourself with hair.'

Did it work for you Slimjim?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom