Triple milled soaps

Any triple milled soap will be a very hard soap, and I believe that is one of the main purposes of triple milling. Any of the soft soaps I would guess are made by essentially the same method as mine and Henk's.
Fido, that quote from the MdC video is referring to their bar soaps, not their shaving soap.

Arrowhead said:
Forgive my ignorance, but is t' Fat triple milled?

No. You can tell a triple milled soap by one of two ways:

1) It will tell you on the label.
2) If no to the above, press your finger very hard into the surface. Does it leave a small dent? If so, it's not triple milled.

Triple milled is almost literally rock hard, has a consistency like wood. You can rap your knuckles on it and it will make a "knock knock" sound.

Mitchells Woolfat is a semi hard soap, like L'Occitane Cade. It will take a small dent from a fingertip.

Canuck said:
Arrowhead said:
Forgive my ignorance, but is t' Fat triple milled?

No. You can tell a triple milled soap by one of two ways:

1) It will tell you on the label.
2) If no to the above, press your finger very hard into the surface. Does it leave a small dent? If so, it's not triple milled.

Triple milled is almost literally rock hard, has a consistency like wood. You can rap your knuckles on it and it will make a "knock knock" sound.

Mitchells Woolfat is a semi hard soap, like L'Occitane Cade. It will take a small dent from a fingertip.

When I press my finger very hard into the surface of wood it leaves a small dent.

soapalchemist said:
Any triple milled soap will be a very hard soap, and I believe that is one of the main purposes of triple milling.

Actually no, the purpose of milling is to homogenize the soap mass / smooth it out, and mix in colour and fragrance, and then press it into moulds. 'Hardness' comes from using sodium as the soap counterion, and from using a full-boiled process, which removes the glycerin from the soap. It is a fact that soaps that retain their glycerin, and especially potassium soaps cannot (easily) be milled, because they are too soft and sticky...

Any of the soft soaps I would guess are made by essentially the same method as mine and Henk's.
Fido, that quote from the MdC video is referring to their bar soaps, not their shaving soap.

Yep. From the information on their website it appears that their shaving soap is essentially a semi-boiled process (otherwise known as HP) soap.

Back
Top Bottom