Treadmills for home exercising - help needed

I'm another anti-treadmill person. I much prefer to run outdoors.
The best way to ensure you take consistent exercise is to run with a friend/friends. I would suggest joining a local running club. They're not just for super-fit athletes. Most clubs have a full range of abilities and you may well find a group of people with similar (or slightly higher) levels of fitness to spur you on when your motivation might otherwise falter.

..worth a thought
..the social side is good as well
..it gets you out of the house even when there's snow/hail/rain when you'd much rather just stay at home

From personal experience you should try to get a training partner ,somebody who is depending on you turning up and who will help you with your motivation.
Try any activities that are offered locally , martial arts(my personal preference),boxing , yoga ,aerobics, any sport (even golf) etc ; anything that has fitness/weight loss as a fringe benefit , try them all and if you find one you like then bingo
Buy a bicycle and commit to visiting somebody in your locality weekly/bi-weekly by bicycle. The classic image of the vicar on his bicycle visiting his flock springs readily to mind.
If you decide that yes you are going to invest in an exercise machine to use at home I would recommend a skipping rope. Boxers skip for a reason !

hunnymonster said:
Damian Murphy said:
Boxers skip for a reason !

Because they're all big girls :lol:
When did you last discuss this theory with one?
8918b3eadebe48e0764eacb364589ecd.gif

I've been known to say things out of place to pugilists & martial artists of various sorts... rare that anything other than gentlemanly discussion takes place (although a 2nd dan at some sort of karate came at me and was surprised to have his foot over my head where I lifted it and being simultaneously punched in the hawmaws)

Back
Top Bottom