Travel Kit with Rocket & Simpson ("Made In England")

Post hijacking is mandatory here, you of all people know that Rev, yeah yeah your travel set is lovely but if you told me you drove it there in an Aston Martin I'd be rather impressed, i mean a Vespa, dear me you aging mod.

SAS - Smooth as silk OK I get that, with new soap, razor and brush tomorrow if I can get SAS I will be happy. I never tend to use more then one new thing at a time. This time it is a completely unknown kit...I like to live dangerously :cool:

JohnnyO - You crawler..... :lol:

to collude with the hijackers for a moment:

so SAS is better than DFS but less than BBS?

Hence the order is: BBS, SAS, DFS.

Phew, glad we got that sorted. The wife will be very interested to hear that.

Now, about that travel kit: a Rocket and a Simpson you say? All stamped Made In England? Chrome? Leather? All for £26? Amazing. Fantastic. What a find.

Damn I love you Rev-O.

Rev-O. Good find and buy there mate.

Anyway, i believe you have it the wrong way round in that a SAS is not quite as good as a DFS. So:

SAS
DFS
BBS.

Rev-O said:
to collude with the hijackers for a moment:

so SAS is better than DFS but less than BBS?

Hence the order is: BBS, SAS, DFS.

Phew, glad we got that sorted. The wife will be very interested to hear that.

Now, about that travel kit: a Rocket and a Simpson you say? All stamped Made In England? Chrome? Leather? All for £26? Amazing. Fantastic. What a find.

Damn I love you Rev-O.

Wrong Rev-O
BBS ,DFS then SAS

Rev-O said:
STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD AND LOOK AT MY TRAVEL KIT

YES, YOU, SPAMDEX. AND YOU, HUNNY.

LOOK! LOOK! LOOK AT THE O.P. AND GIVE ME SOME KUDOS. I'M NOT FEELING THE LOVE, GUYS.

NEED TO FEEL THE LOVE.

(Rev-O collapses in tears and is gently led away by PigCat)

It's a lovely travel kit Ollie, now just come with me in to this lovely soft, squishy room. There's some nice men I'd like you to meet...oh, and can you put this jacket on please.

:shock:

Rev-O said:
STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD AND LOOK AT MY TRAVEL KIT

YES, YOU, SPAMDEX. AND YOU, HUNNY.

LOOK! LOOK! LOOK AT THE O.P. AND GIVE ME SOME KUDOS. I'M NOT FEELING THE LOVE, GUYS.

NEED TO FEEL THE LOVE.

(Rev-O collapses in tears and is gently led away by PigCat)

Yeah, yer right Rev - sorry! I'm a creep, but so it would appear, is that Jonkey-bo! I bet he left a slimy trail as he left his comp. after that last posting of his. :lol:

Yes, that certainly is a nice bit of kit you have there, but I thought you were going to post some pictures of what you have put inside the containers! I looked and could not find! :D

spandex..

That' s a nice set up Rev. Did you get it on Ebay? If so it was a good deal as the Rockets alone seem to be fetching at least that at the minute.

I am keeping an eye out for one after your waxing lyrical about them.

My travel kit is a Vulfix badger travel brush in its own tube, a bakelite clad fat handled tech and a stick of Boots or La Toja. I also stick a decanted tube of ASB and a small chunk of Alum.

It all fits in a binocular style zip up leather case.

Nice but yours is nicer.

Have some love as a fellow sufferer of depression from time to time I know just how crap days can feel sometimes.

Keith

Thanks Keith.

I bought the kit on ebay for a fiver, then added the Rocket (actually a Parat, German version of an Aristocrat Jr) which was £16 from Erwin and the brush was BNIB NOS from Oxfam for a fiver with the pre-decimal price in pencil on the outside; it was still wrapped in tissue paper and had never been used as it bloomed like a virgin the first few times I used it. (Hmm, I could re-phrase that but I'll let it stand. For now.)

So £5 + £5 + £16 (not counting the pence for blades and Palmolive stick) is the £26.

BTW, Erwin's yer man for a Rocket. His username here is merwtje.

Cheers

Ollie

PS thanks for the fellow depressive's sympathy. take care, Ollie

Rev-O said:
*condoms, too. "Shoe" pills (so called because they are "man-made / synthetic uppers"). Comb and Brylcreem, of course. Two-stroke oil.
If memory serves, the terms "Mod" and "Brylcreem" are mutually exclusive.

Rev-O said:
BTW, I paid £26 for that kit. I'm sorry but I couldn't resist telling y'all. :D

Wait a minute Rev...did you compile that kit for £26.00 or did you buy that kit as it is with all your favourites like a Rocket, Vintage Simpson and half a palmolive stick?

No, I compiled it for £26, which is even more of a feat. Very lucky that my little Simpson fits the tube perfectly, then I added the Palmolive (at 75p or whatever they sell for now).

I forgot to say that the kit originally came with a flairtip Rocket and some NOS 7 O'Clock blades. So I actually got more for my money that just what you see there.

I do travel with it, though: very nice to unzip that and see all the lovely stuff smiling up at me. It's like having "home" contained in a single leather-bound volume of vintage manliness.

Back
Top Bottom