Travel brush recommendation...

Depends how much you want to spend.

I've been eying a T&H travel brush for a few weeks now, it's 25% off at NkDMan.
A nice little lovely super badger, which I don't really need of course, for a luxurious shave when away from base...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nkdman.co.uk/truefitt-and-hill-super-badger-travel-shaving-brush/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nkdman.co.uk/truefitt-and-hi ... ing-brush/</a><!-- m -->

Aint a Duke 3 a wee bit big? I have a Vulfix 2235, Chubby 3 super (both too big) and a beaufort B1 (pure, so too scratchy). Also have an old Trumpers GT1 (Duke 1).. but thats a bit past it... was my first brush so lots of shedding! Anything around/up to the £50 mark...

Whats the Major like? In know a bit spenny for travel... but is the actual hair much more substantial than say.. the Simpons Case?

Thnx

Mike

If a Duke 3 ( or equivalent size ) wont fit in your bag....wtf. I travel for long trips - 2-4weeks & my motto is use what i am enjoying out of my rotation or take a couple of brushes that have not been getting the love at home.

I have a trip coming up shortly & at the moment my NF2201 & Semogue 620 are on std by to mobilize. :lol: This is subject to change.

I used a body shop synthetic and loved the way it didn't stink when damp and how quickly it dried etc. Perfect for travel use.

There's a member on BST who is selling a men-u synthetic for a very reasonable price. This men u will be a lot better than the body shop one and has good reviews.

I've never quite understood the need for a "travel" brush. If it's concern for security then just take a cheap older brush that won't cost much to replace. If it's to prtoect the brush, just put it in a solid container. If it's space, unless it's a monster it's surely insignificant compared with other items you travel with? Or is it all a seed sown by retailers to get us to spend more money?

My definition of a travel brush is one that fits in one of those metal tubes from an old gent's set. I think quite a few of us have those and use them. Sadly the New Forest brush doesn't fit and both my little brushes are with Neo right now, so I'll have to find an alternative container sharpish before departing for my jollies next week. Bicarb tub I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom