Tortoise Tips

I like to poach mine in veal stock and eat them in the shell...

shouldn't this be in food and drink?

Do you think the tortoise forum will have some good recipes?

the-tortoise-diet.blogspot.com/

("Info, background and recipes for The Tortoise Diet, the amazing new diet from Dr Franklin J Miller that's got everybody talking! ...")

The one I'm getting is over 40 years old.

A good vintage, I hope.

How odd? There's just been an article in the local press on a very similar subject.

Apparently there was a bit of a break-in at a pet shop in Ashington last weekend and a case of Terrapins was allowed to escape...local police reported that there was turtle chaos at the scene.

TAXI...

Sorry, this may only translate well if you are familiar with the Ashington accent (think Jack Charlton). Apparenly there is an Ashington dictionary / thesaurus on Google.

1. At a fancy dress ball one couple came with the woman on the man's back.

"What have you come as?" asked the hostess.

"I'm a tortoise," said the man.

"A tortoise?" she asked.

"Yes. My name is Tom, and this is Michelle."

Three tortoise came to a restaurant and ordered a cake, just as their cake arrive, they found out that they didn't bring any money.

So Large turtle said: I'm the eldest, of course, I shouldn't have to go back to get some money.

Then the second turtle said: The youngest turtle should go back.

Small turtle agreed: OK, I will go back, as long as you two promised to save my share of the cake.

On the third day the two tortoise felt hungry again and small turtle is no where to be seen.

Large turtle said to Medium Turtle: We should share the small turtle's cake.

As they were about to start, they heard small turtle's voice outside the door: If you dare to eat my cake, I will not go back for the money!

I'll get my coat.

Back
Top Bottom