TOBS Aftershaves

Dewaine said:
I am a bit surprised by the apparent lack of enthusiasm for TOBS here. I am in the US (Arizona), where the TOBS scents are generally held in high regard. I own TOBS's Sandalwood and Shaving Shop aftershaves and enjoy them very much. This subject is getting less praise here than I have seen in forums across the pond.

And, greetings, all! This is my first message here.

Hello Dewaine,

It’s not so much that they are overlooked or not liked, just that they are surrounded on all sides by other exceedingly good competitors.

It doesn’t help that in regards to AS that Speick is King... :)

Sorry, but keep getting images of this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBIWMgPZo2Q[/youtube]

I'm not a big user of AS splashes, but I'll chime in.

I don't know the current formulas, but from what I've seen and read, the TOBS AS splashes are nothing more than alcohol and scent.

Many other cheaper alternatives exist that have added skin goodies like castor oil and glycerin. Brut, Old Spice, etc. Brut in particular makes my skin feel great.

John

I agree that of the AS that I have OS is prob the best at leaving my skin smooth and feels great and cheap as chips, even if sent from India. What does Speick smell like? My interest is now well and truly grabbed.

Would anyone be able to send me a sample in return for some blades?

Can't help with the OS my pal, however since I can see the way things are going with you I'll put you on to a wholesaler for Tupperware ........... you're SO going to need some !

JohnnyO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was waiting for someone to mention the sandalwood, which I rather like. As jhclare says, there's nothing much in Taylor's splashes beyond alcohol and scent, which gives them a certain bite - you can certainly feel it seeking out any tiny abrasions and rendering them unfit for bacterial habitation. I also like the St James scent.

Moodymick is spot on about Speick which really does make the skin feel good, but the scent has me foxed. Musgo Real seems to have similar properties (but with a scent I actively like), as does a certain very down market aftershave which I'm embarrassed to mention, but which contains hamamelis (like Musgo). Oh go on then, it's from Aldi! Smells like a Fitness First locker room, mind you.

jhclare said:
I'm not a big user of AS splashes, but I'll chime in.

I don't know the current formulas, but from what I've seen and read, the TOBS AS splashes are nothing more than alcohol and scent.

Many other cheaper alternatives exist that have added skin goodies like castor oil and glycerin. Brut, Old Spice, etc. Brut in particular makes my skin feel great.

John

I have to say John that Brut has had that effect on me today also. It has been present (hopefully in a discreet way) all day. There are a fair few people at my offices who wouldn't hesitate to point out any unappreciated or obvious stench and nothing from any of them.

I'm very happy with that lack of p*s*taking and praise is not something that I would ever have thought that I would have given to Brut earlier in the week.

Back
Top Bottom