The workshop

Re: RE: The workshop

Titch said:
I'm watching with interest as I wish to build something similar .
Can I ask size and amount of blocks etc .

It's 5m by 3m, I've estimated 500 blocks, I get them from selco for 69p each.
2 tons of hardcore, a ton of sharp sand, a ton of 10mm gravel, a ton of building sand and 25 bags of cement.
I'll also use 30 ish lengths of 3x2, 6 boards of osb, a roll of under felt and 6 tile effect sheets for the roof

cool thanks fella

think mine will be a little bigger if i get my way, trying to replace a large concrete sectional garage.
did think of just relocating it
but ill probably make a block work play room for me and sell off the empty garage on flebay

think the current garage is 3.5 by 7 and under permitted development we can make it bigger if i wanted.

so i reckon 4m by 7m would be awesome but would need to finish convincing the management ;)

Blimey, new builds that are going up around where I live (Shoreditch,London) are smaller than that and fetching 3 quarter mil... location, location, location!

A thached roof would look good on that :D

Re: RE: The workshop

Titch said:
Wow. I'm impressed . I really need to work out my shopping list. And foundation depth etc .
Bravo that man

Thanks Titch.
I made my foundations 450mm deep and 300mm wide, probably went over the top and put 20mm rebar in too.

The last 2 days progress, I'm working the weekend so that's stopped play til Tuesday.
[attachment=9982]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395430810246.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395430810246.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 52
I'm getting seriously impressed here, Iain! What are those blocks - the light as a feather insulating ones or the heavy, load bearing ones? Don't want it so cold in there you can't work! And the lathe will definitely fit through the door?

They're the heavy dense concrete blocks, theyre 15kg each and I've shifted about 300 of them so far.
The new door is 1000mm wide versus the old shed at 700mm so it'll definitely fit

I'll be installing a nice log burner in there for winter and a fan heater.
The floor is insulated so that'll help.

Not bad for a bloke that'd never mixed mortar or even laid a brick eh ?
The only help I've had was from my old man when the floor was poured.
I've done everything else on my jack jones.

Well you are doing a very good impression of someone who knows exactly what they are doing - from experience. Except for one thing............... I can tell you're going to have an over-head power supply but how are you going to arrange over-head water and sewage?

Back
Top Bottom