The problem is - failure!

I used my Ever Ready for the first time today with one of these, Carl.

My first attempt was with the 'glass scraper' blade that came with it! That was interesting!

I got a few nicks, but oh so close. I'm sure they're not for everyone but I suspect they may be better than you expect.

I know this is a stupid question but you have watched the Youtube videos haven't you? An SE demands a very steep angle (please don't think I'm trying to be patronising BTW!)

I suspect is the angle wasn't correct it would deliver a very rough shave.

Bechet45 said:
I am most interested to learn from members resident in The Land Of The Free about another Gem blade.

Hi Carl,

Can't help you there, seeing as how I know about nothing, except that the Gem blades sold locally here are good. I think there's more than one kind though.

Did you look over at TSD for blade info? One member in particular (HoosierTrooper) knows a crapload about SE info in general.

Next time I'll make something believable up to throw you off. You are just too fragile for that right now.

Here is HoosierTrooper's guide to SE blades (thanks dodgy, you are so very helpful no matter what Mikael says about you.) (and kind, gentle and understanding, caring even) (my kind of guy) (no, not like that!)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/292388-Single-edge-blade-guide

You will see the blades I don't like shown there - and you will see Gem Blue Star blades. I'm having ten of these sent over from the US so I can have another go at SE shaving - in a Gem Junior of all things!!!

Bechet45 said:
These are the ones I bought - and I notice they are £14 per 100 and not £18 as in the FS post, which I will correct forthwith -
http://connaughtshaving.com/_wp_generated/wp3102dcec.png

There is an actual blade covering part of the carton which clearly states, " For Industrial Use Only" on the bottom of the printed picture of a blade and, "INDUSTRIAL BLADES" after the "100 SINGLE EDGE" at the bottom of the photo.

I'm not doubting for a second that these are the blades all you SE shavers use. I find them industrial on my face, is all.

I am most interested to learn from members resident in The Land Of The Free about another Gem blade.

Yep, those are the ones most people here use, I haven't tried them myself yet though.

Back
Top Bottom