The New Ikon Shavecraft

RE: The New Ikon Shavemaster

sunburyboy93 said:
Well yesterday i got some back dated wages, so i have indulged myself and ordered one..........and like has been said they should hold and maybe increase in value.

:icon_razz:

Do you guys really find that razor aesthetically beautiful? :huh:
On the other hand few of you are collectors, so I shouldn't be asking this question...

N_Architect said:
sunburyboy93 said:
Well yesterday i got some back dated wages, so i have indulged myself and ordered one..........and like has been said they should hold and maybe increase in value.

:icon_razz:

Do you guys really find that razor aesthetically beautiful? :huh:
On the other hand few of you are collectors, so I shouldn't be asking this question...

it just makes me think of vintage engineering, maybe not instantly eye catching, it is solid and built to do a job !! and that makes it desirable in my eyes....as a collector there is no way i wouldnt get one of these, same with the Feather AS !!

Come on "K" get one now, you will anyway...........you are already on the slippery slope to hell with your credit card company !!!

missingskin said:
Tardisbasher said:
Spot the deliberate mistake...It's actually Shavecraft...:icon_redface:

The cat kept me
[/font]up all night...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
It's not easy being as stupid as me you know...

Maybe you were having one of your "premature" moments..........:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

:icon_razz::icon_lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
it just makes me think of vintage engineering, maybe not instantly eye catching, it is solid and built to do a job !! and that makes it desirable in my eyes....as a collector there is no way i wouldnt get one of these, same with the Feather AS !!

Come on "K" get one now, you will anyway...........you are already on the slippery slope to hell with your credit card company !!!

Surprise surprise, no I won't... And I really do not find it pretty, sorry to say. The old iKon OC looked fantastic, would love to have one of those but again I don't know if I would use it much after shaving with the Tuckaway and a few straights lately...

And yes, have to take care of the credit card co. issue as well - hmmm, now where's the email address of that AfeitadoClasico.com member who was selling those three Fillies? :icon_rolleyes:

mattlad said:
I paid more for my b/dog but wouldn't part with mine as it's my goto.
8 left out off 80 :icon_eek:
Either:
1) He's already nearly sold out
2) He's loading a few at a time
3) I slipped when I ordered mine and can expect a rather irate call from my bank manager

so did i, now if it turns up in bst as a pif could i get my pm in first:dodgy:

fatboy1971 said:
mattlad said:
I paid more for my b/dog but wouldn't part with mine as it's my goto.
8 left out off 80 :icon_eek:
Either:
1) He's already nearly sold out
2) He's loading a few at a time
3) I slipped when I ordered mine and can expect a rather irate call from my bank manager

so did i, now if it turns up in bst as a pif could i get my pm in first:dodgy:
:icon_lol: There would be more chance of me putting my cat on as a pif than an Ikon and he's got his paws well and truly under the table.:icon_razz:

Don't like it at all, and that isn't the cost talking (couldn't afford it at the moment if i liked it) as if it was a tenner i wouldn't. Just looks well ugly in a Kerry katona sort of way.

jon_hall said:
Don't like it at all, and that isn't the cost talking (couldn't afford it at the moment if i liked it) as if it was a tenner i wouldn't. Just looks well ugly in a Kerry katona sort of way.
I had to look her up on google images, well, may I say that I think Kerry is good looking in my opinion :D
As we say: "I she comes over to my house, I'm not sleeping on the sofa."

But back on topic, I'd rather buy the Pils if I had the money, but that's just me.
(I've mentioned the reasons on the previous thread)

Max

FrenchBlade said:
jon_hall said:
I had to look her up on google images, well, may I say that I think Kerry is good looking in my opinion :D
As we say: "I she comes over to my house, I'm not sleeping on the sofa."

But back on topic, I'd rather buy the Pils if I had the money, but that's just me.
(I've mentioned the reasons on the previous thread)

Max

Its the whole package that comes with her that doesn't help.

There's now an ISP provider in France thinking bloody hell someones looking at Kerry katona Pics :icon_smile:

Its

jon_hall said:
Its the whole package that comes with her that doesn't help.

There's now an ISP provider in France thinking bloody hell someones looking at Kerry katona Pics :icon_smile:

Its
That's the advantage of not knowing who she is, and just admire her "physical intelligence".
Ignorance is bliss!

Max

Is it so bad that nobody wants to tell about it ?

I have ordered one last month and was afraid to regret it once I pulled the trigger. Now, after a month of daily use, I must admit it has provided a great improvement to my shaves :

-My first DE was a 38C, my rotation was 39c,Futur and sometimes a redtip or a Vision. So, the weight of this razor is perfectly familiar, the balance is something like 60% handle and 40% head. Close to the balance of the Futur a little more on the head. If you are used to smaller handles and lighter razors it might be difficult to adjust if not unpleasant.

-What has struck me is the smoothness of this razor : Very easy to find the angle, no irritations. Two passes (WTG+ATG) with it and I have a DFS. It leaves me with rough spots ATG on the cheeks and jaw line, the neck is fine. Those with a beard no too dense might reach BBS with it.
I usually end my shave with a last ATG pass plus touch ups with my futur set on 3 to reach a nice BBS with no irritations.

Great that you bought it. Right or wrong I now buy things by comparing them to the price of a 'tank of gasoline'. If it's more I think about how long the purchase will last; if less I usually buy it. What a world we live in!

Tardisbasher said:
Well, they're out:
http://ikonrazors.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9&zenid=8pmltga9atdvkghkrles5dln23

I'll confess up now and admit, I've ordered one.
Feel free to roll your eyes/snort with derision and laugh at my financial folly, but I love Greg's work and the look of this piece, and for that reason this fool and his money have been parted.

When it turns up, I'll happily review it, but in the meantime...what does everyone think...apart from "You paid how much?!"

Alan.

Not that I'm going to be tempted but the link needs updating.

Tardisbasher said:
Well, they're out:
http://ikonrazors.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9&zenid=8pmltga9atdvkghkrles5dln23

I'll confess up now and admit, I've ordered one.
Feel free to roll your eyes/snort with derision and laugh at my financial folly, but I love Greg's work and the look of this piece, and for that reason this fool and his money have been parted.

When it turns up, I'll happily review it, but in the meantime...what does everyone think...apart from "You paid how much?!"

Alan.

Is it yours listed on the bay? Don't get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom