The New Ikon Shavecraft

Well, they're out:
http://ikonrazors.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9&zenid=8pmltga9atdvkghkrles5dln23

I'll confess up now and admit, I've ordered one.
Feel free to roll your eyes/snort with derision and laugh at my financial folly, but I love Greg's work and the look of this piece, and for that reason this fool and his money have been parted.

When it turns up, I'll happily review it, but in the meantime...what does everyone think...apart from "You paid how much?!"

Alan.

RE: The New Ikon Shavemaster

mattlad said:
So what are you saying? I have to dust off my flexible friend?
I suppose it depends how much you like Ikons. The price hasn't exactly come down this time compared to this time last year and that in itself may understandably put alot of people off. Having said that, if they don't fly off the shelves like the Bulldogs did, it could be a reverse reaction to what we saw with the price rocketing and you could get a bargain in a couple of months time.
It wouldn't be the first time in my life I've been premature.:icon_redface:

The New Ikon Shavemaster

I'd have ordered one if it was around half that price. But then again so would a whole lot of others!

Looks nice though! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Dipesh said:
I'd have ordered one if it was around half that price. But then again so would a whole lot of others!

Looks nice though! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Or, if it trashes my face, looking forward to seeing it on BST for half that price.:icon_lol:

Tardisbasher said:
mattlad said:
I suppose it depends how much you like Ikons. The price hasn't exactly come down this time compared to this time last year and that in itself may understandably put alot of people off. Having said that, if they don't fly off the shelves like the Bulldogs did, it could be a reverse reaction to what we saw with the price rocketing and you could get a bargain in a couple of months time.

Well just looked at the site and he has only 8 out of the original 80, so guess they are flying off the shelf so to speak. And if Greg sticks to his usual pattern he will only make a limited amount, so my guess is they will hold their value. I know if I put my Ikon O/C Bulldog on Eblag it would fetch a lot more than I paid for it. But as I like the razor it is saying at home........:icon_razz::icon_razz:

I have to admit I was tempted when I saw the sterling price and even got so far as going to Paypal, but his onsite currency conversion isn't correct meaning it would cost £30 more than the on-site quoted cost.

That was too much for me (and I might regret it later).

missingskin said:
Tardisbasher said:
mattlad said:

Well just looked at the site and he has only 8 out of the original 80, so guess they are flying off the shelf so to speak. And if Greg sticks to his usual pattern he will only make a limited amount, so my guess is they will hold their value. I know if I put my Ikon O/C Bulldog on Eblag it would fetch a lot more than I paid for it. But as I like the razor it is saying at home........:icon_razz::icon_razz:

I paid more for my b/dog but wouldn't part with mine as it's my goto.
8 left out off 80 :icon_eek:
Either:
1) He's already nearly sold out
2) He's loading a few at a time
3) I slipped when I ordered mine and can expect a rather irate call from my bank manager

Tall_Paul said:
I have to admit I was tempted when I saw the sterling price and even got so far as going to Paypal, but his onsite currency conversion isn't correct meaning it would cost £30 more than the on-site quoted cost.

That was too much for me (and I might regret it later).

When I purchased my Ikon O/C I converted using his site and it was a lot dearer. I contacted Greg and he told me to buy it in $. So if you do that it works out the same as X.E. converter is saying........i.e $211.00 = £132 (well ok it is £3.00 more but not exactly a fortune?)

Spot the deliberate mistake...It's actually Shavecraft...:icon_redface:

The cat kept me
[/font]up all night...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
It's not easy being as stupid as me you know...

Tardisbasher said:
Spot the deliberate mistake...It's actually Shavecraft...:icon_redface:

The cat kept me
[/font]up all night...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
It's not easy being as stupid as me you know...

Maybe you were having one of your "premature" moments..........:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Tall_Paul said:
On the site it came to 106 pounds which clearly isn't correct unfortunately!

Will this be subject to import duty?

My last one was not as Greg didn't put the product value on the package, but it is a bit of a lottery with customs over here I guess? Guess we will have to wait and see if
Tardisbasher bursta into tears when the dreaded grey card lands on his doorstep..............:icon_rolleyes:

Well only my 2 cents but I would spend the extra 20 quid and buy the pils that this design is rip off from. No risk of customs siezing that as it is a knock off, or hitting you with 40 quid of vat and charges.
Just my opionon

pedro083 said:
Well only my 2 cents but I would spend the extra 20 quid and buy the pils that this design is rip off from. No risk of customs siezing that as it is a knock off, or hitting you with 40 quid of vat and charges.
Just my opionon

Perfectly valid two cents Pedro and you're not alone in that opinion. Hopefully no iron gripped customs or grey cards will cross my path in the near future...

missingskin said:
Tardisbasher said:
mattlad said:

Well yesterday i got some back dated wages, so i have indulged myself and ordered one..........and like has been said they should hold and maybe increase in value.

:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom