The invisible edge : shave ready

I got an email from them (the invisible edge) earlier on this morning.All the razors are individually prepared by them & are put through a progression of four diamond pastes then chromium paste then finished off on leather.Finally it gets the HHT.
I am satisfied with that answer. :)

I have got a Gold Dollar, it is Chinese and it is cheap in both price and looks, it is a no bragging rights razor I admit to that but the shave is actually nice and it will definitely not blunt 1/4 into a shave :)

Got my first Gold Dollar shave ready from Billy on Ebay (not Fergiebilly but another Billy) then got a second Gold Dollar from China thinking I would hone it to perfection but BIG MISTAKE the blade is of course not shave ready to start with but it is also uneven making setting the bevel a problem at least for me as a newbie :(

I'd recommend Billy too, my first straight was bought from him for £20, its flawless to my knowledge, but @Jack Sales good luck with your Dovo!

I'd recommend Billy too, my first straight was bought from him for £20, its flawless to my knowledge, but @Jack Sales good luck with your Dovo!
Yeah I once bought a vintage razor from him.Was excellent.The invisible edge got back to me about the dovo enquiry.They prepare each razor & it's put through four different diamond pastes,then chromium oxide paste then finished on the leather before the HHT .Sounds good:)

I bought a DOVO Encina from TIE and I was really dissatisfied with the edge, a yard away from shave ready. I don't blame TIE necessarily, I understand most manufacturers won't honour their guarantee if the blade has been 'tampered' with, but overall I thought the whole feel and look of the razor reminded me of a naff hair salon tool, and it tugged like a drunk student on freshers night. Ill never be tempted to buy a DOVO again.

When You Put a Razor on the Hone it All Comes Out in the Washing what is Good Steel..You Cant Kid the Hone..I Have Honed a Number of Current Brand Name SRs & I am Not Impressed by the Qaulity of the Steel or the Shaving Edges Compared to Vintage SRs..o_O

Most Serious SR Users Shave with Vintage SRs..Not because they are Cheaper but because Some of them Cost a Lot of Doe but because the Steel is Held in High Esteem & of Course the Superb Edges they Take..:D

Billy
My Henckels 472 (circa 1960's) is by far the best razor I have owned to date. The Dovo mentioned in another post was a calamity, and the only other modern razor I have owned was a Revisor 5/8, a nice shaver, I would say shave ready from the box, but the Henckels seems more durable, I've been shaving with it almost daily since April and it has only required the odd touch up on the pasted strop.

My Henckels 472 (circa 1960's) is by far the best razor I have owned to date. The Dovo mentioned in another post was a calamity, and the only other modern razor I have owned was a Revisor 5/8, a nice shaver, I would say shave ready from the box, but the Henckels seems more durable, I've been shaving with it almost daily since April and it has only required the odd touch up on the pasted strop.
DSC_0448_zps7jtpyilf.jpg

Henckels are Superb SRs..My 7/8th Stainless Blade is a Very Durable SR..Its Super Crazy Sharp & Never been on a Hone Since I Got it from the Vendor..As You Say..The Odd Touch Up on Pastes..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom