Thank you everyone

I was fortunate to be able to retire in my early 50s. Since then, I have done many things, too many to mention here. But among those things that I have most enjoyed is participating in the exchanges on this website since I joined in August. I have picked up a lot of advice and information, freely given by a group that it has been a pleasure to be part of.

Thank you everyone.

And this is not just because Pompey won today. Or the whisky by my side. It always is at this time of the day. Just one.

I'd like to thank you, Fido, and everyone else on this forum too. The reviews and suggestions you and others provide is a huge help. And because of that, I am on my way to a smoothe face in time for my wedding. Congrats on Pompey's win. Hope you stay up.

Fido,

Your enthusiasm appears to know no bounds and rubs off on other posters, I reckon.

Keep up the good work - I always enjoy reading your posts.

I was trying to describe to swmbo this evening over dinner the pleasure I find in this website. No hostility, lots of help, people giving freely of time/information/PIFs... she said it sounded "unique". I'll go with that.

Thanks to you Fido for bringing this up.

Group hug?

I think each of us brings something different to the forum. Life experiences and lessons learned through bitter experience (and the sharing of these) allow us to learn from each other and communicate where only a few years ago this would have been difficult or perhaps impossible.

I do enjoy your posts and reviews so thank you for joining.

I appreciate these comments but I was really just trying to emphasise my appreciation of this site. Boab and hunnymonster in particular put in a lot of hard work to keep the thing running and deserve special thanks for their efforts.
Just noticed that the message must contain no more than 60000 characters. Better stop. :lol: :lol:

I would like to add my thanks too. Being a newbie and even worse, a vendor, I have to say that these forums of TSR have a certain politeness, that you would not find easily elsewhere.
For me it's also a great way to get all kind of information on products that we wouldn't get this fast and objective from our customers.
So thanks too for that!

joe mcclaine said:
Fido,

Your enthusiasm appears to know no bounds and rubs off on other posters, I reckon.

Keep up the good work - I always enjoy reading your posts.

Yup, Fido rubs off on me.

Seriously, my wife is always amazed at the parcels that come and go from the vicarage and the stuff that is bought and sold or just given and received.

She now refused to feel or smell my face but is pleased I am smooth and have some friends!

Well, any Fidophile will do.

As for PigCat, well Jim was stalking him but has had a restraining order put on him. Rangers, being a fellow PC, bound him over to keep the peace, but Jim though that meant he was allowed to carry a gun. I'm afraid for PigCat's life and will be holding an all-night vigil, as well making my church available as a place of sanctuary.

Boab has installed a panic button on PigCat's user account and all we can do is hope Jim heads back to Texas (or possible B&Q) without hurting anyone.

Now as to what I love about this forum, let me give two recent examples: first I posted up a request for info about waxed cotton motorbike jackets; a member had a Barbour suit he didn't use and sold it to me for a very reasonable sum - a win/win. Second, I've just given over £100 to Crisis Homeless At Christmas from you lovely chaps in return for some things out of my den that I really won't miss.

And that's just the pecuniary side of things. The banter and wit has had me on the floor in laughter and I do genuinely consider many of you to be my friends.

So, all in all, my favourite forum on the whole world wide web.

Thanks lads.

After spending months as a voyeur of shaving forums before taking the plunge, this forum was and is the only one I’m inclined to contribute to (well ramble on anyway).

It has lead to me receiving Piffs from fellow members that have saved me money and will no doubt cost me money.

Thank you Tony (antdad) for the Floris JF soap that stopped me making a bad purchase of an underperforming Soap.

Thank you Adam (pig cat) for The Institut Karite, which is a fantastic soap that leaves Cade and Tabac standing and will lead to future purchases.

It has allowed me to pass on or share products to like minded members when I can in the hope the above will apply to them, although I’m still waiting for Ollie’s thoughts on the Cade... ;)

The vast amount of information and experiences with products that members contribute freely without having a posting limit set. Thank you Boab.

Members that are vendors that have given outstanding service, Thank you Paul (pdmayhew).

And a big thanks you to B&B for their laughable antics which lead to this forums conception.
Erm....Ramble off....... :oops:

Oops sorry RB - thanks for the massive shipment, including the Cade, which I love. I can't quite put my finger on the fragrance (coconut? milk?) but is is a lovely mild creamy soap lather that does the job wonderfully. Its reputation is deserved.

Your package was huge ( :?) and a sheer joy to receive, bringing me much pleasure. Thanks again.

Rev-O said:
Oops sorry RB - thanks for the massive shipment, including the Cade, which I love. I can't quite put my finger on the fragrance (coconut? milk?) but is is a lovely mild creamy soap lather that does the job wonderfully. Its reputation is deserved.

Your package was huge ( :?) and a sheer joy to receive, bringing me much pleasure. Thanks again.

Cade Deserves the love :D , but wait until you’ve tried the institut Karite, the lathers outstanding. IL try and get it in the post this week if you’re interested. :hungrig

Back
Top Bottom