Teabags - which ones?

Can't drink my limited stash of Fortnum & Mason Assam everyday. So which common teabags should I try to get? PG tips, Tetleys or Yorkshire tea? Or something else?
(the three mentioned I can order from Holland, any others I'm not sure)

The ones from tesco in the red box do me for taste/convenience ratio.

I'm more of a coffee drinker, but do enjoy a bit of quality loose leaf darjeeling in my Jamie Oliver tea-pot/cup combo thingy. There definitley is a difference between good loose leaf and the bags as regards flavour and scent. I actually am now starting to really enjoy my tea.

Frederick said:
Can't drink my limited stash of Fortnum & Mason Assam everyday. So which common teabags should I try to get? PG tips, Tetleys or Yorkshire tea? Or something else?
(the three mentioned I can order from Holland, any others I'm not sure)

Can't speak for Fortnum's tea, but I have enjoyed their coffee beans. I did think that as good quality could be got elsewhere, but then at Fortnums you can also get a tube of Trumpers ;)

Fortnum's tea is excellent - I don't drink it daily for one reason - I can't afford to. Even Harrods tea is pretty good (at least the loose leaf Earl Grey is...

A lot of research later I found Jenner's EG to be a good substitute, but since House of Fraser took them over, their food hall has become an outlet for Valvona & Crolla - and the Jenner's house brand tea gone the journey as a result. Then I discovered that Waitrose own brand EG is a most effective stand-in.

hunnymonster said:
A lot of research later I found Jenner's EG to be a good substitute, but since House of Fraser took them over, their food hall has become an outlet for Valvona & Crolla - and the Jenner's house brand tea gone the journey as a result. Then I discovered that Waitrose own brand EG is a most effective stand-in.

Aw, I am sorry to hear that, I loved a dander round there, buying something odd (Clootie DUmpling or Scotch bun) then coffee and fudge doughnut in the restaurant next door.

I have some Twinings Assam which is nice. They used to have PG Tips in the kitchen at work which was OK but have now replaced it with some fairtrade stuff which is not very good.

I'm more of a coffee person. Lavazza in a stovetop espresso maker.

Pete

i do enjoy a nice brew but have found that your tap water makes a big difference to your cuppa.

we use Tetley or Ty-Phoo now but at ma's it's PG-Tips, seems to match the water better :?

Back
Top Bottom