Taylor of Old Bond Street Soaps/Creams

Can't be similar? Can it? Surely not. I know it's cheap but it won't last in the smell department either. Honestly, I can can splash Mr T's AS all over then practically marinate myself in the cologne but an hour or so later, I really struggle to pick up the slightest whiff whereas two small squirts from the Shaving Shop sample I got from ManMachine and I can smell it all day and on my shirt the following day. Why can't it be the other way around? Poo! Poo! Poo!

Re: RE: Taylor of Old Bond Street Soaps/Creams

Gairdner said:
Can't be similar? Can it? Surely not. I know it's cheap but it won't last in the smell department either. Honestly, I can can splash Mr T's AS all over then practically marinate myself in the cologne but an hour or so later, I really struggle to pick up the slightest whiff whereas two small squirts from the Shaving Shop sample I got from ManMachine and I can smell it all day and on my shirt the following day. Why can't it be the other way around? Poo! Poo! Poo!

It's similar in terms of smell and of not lasting long!

Canuck said:
Shaving shop is my favourite, can't pin down why exactly, i just enjoy the smell, kind of lemony but more complex than that.
I first tried it as the cream and loved it. Then the aftershave gel; makes up for being a bit sticky. But the Cologne was disappointing in that it has a lighter, more floral finish and isn't strong enough. Still nice just could be a lot better

Northam Saint said:
I've just finished a pot of T&H No10, it was ok but not as good as TOBS I won't be replacing it.

You have to bear in mind that No.10 isn't representative of T+H's range, it's the budget mass market attempt that they sold in Boots, the only of their range to be designed for the high street. The others are all way better.

Canuck said:
Northam Saint said:
I've just finished a pot of T&H No10, it was ok but not as good as TOBS I won't be replacing it.

You have to bear in mind that No.10 isn't representative of T+H's range, it's the budget mass market attempt that they sold in Boots, the only of their range to be designed for the high street. The others are all way better.

I only have 1805 and have tried West Indian limes, I think the scents have a much more complex notes to them. I love the smell of Eton college, and Jermyn street but found they were a little drying on my skin. No such experience with T&H so far.

Canuck said:
Northam Saint said:

I'll have a have look at their sampler packs sometime.

I love the smell of TOBS Sandalwood though it's a touch overpowering, I've got samples of Eton college and St James to try I'll also have to get a sample of Mr Taylors and I have a tub of Shaving shop which I use in my rotation but G.F.T is my favourite

Thanks for the replies :)
It's interesting to see people try and describe smells when they're not exactly sure what it is.

Will probably start here and try a few different ones before branching elsewhere.

Hi Guy's

I don't want to stray from the original post but I'd like some TOBS advice.

I bought the Traditional Luxury 57g Shaving Travel Soap, funnily enough, for travelling. However, the first time I used it I cut myself (first nasty cut). I've had another go and I can't get it to lather, it just goes to bubble water. I washed my kit and tried again, same result. Washed my kit and grabbed my wee scott and tried to face lather it, same result, the lather just died on my face.

I don't usually have a problem with soaps. Does anybody have any experience with this soap, any pointers?

Back
Top Bottom