Talk me into a straight

It is very satisfying. I think you have to have the right mindset for it. I prefer the more simple routine of a DE. I just didn't have the patience for the extra effort required for using and maintaining a straight razor. If you are really enjoying it - bon voyage!

A word of warning: Don't get too complacent, especially if you move from the Pro-Guard to the Pro Blades.

These things are very sharp, and if you get a little cocky or careless, they'll nip.

I've been shaving with an AC SS with the Pro Blades for a while, and I got bitten on Monday morning on my neck (it's still there).

Ian

Second shave for me today. I've been practicing, with no blade in the razor, to understand the best way to hold it to get to the different parts of my face. A great improvement has been the result and I even switched hands. A pretty close shave today, not as good as I can manage with a DE but close. I'm glad to have been enabled, this is going quite well.

Excellent new Ltb, excellent new indeed (in my best Dodgy M/Mr Burns voice)! :D :D It's great fun though, when it all come together (but like Ian adviced - when you think you've good control over the razor it'll bit you).

3rd go today, and I'm in love.

It just gets better and better.

Can't get a close shave around my chin yet, and a quick try at ATG was an unmitigated disaster.
BUT, around my cheeks and upper lip this is the most comfortable I have ever felt shaving.
I will keep practising practising and practising some more. I am off work this week, so will give be able to take my time and hone my technique. :D

I can appreciate your enthusiasm but why not try going a couple of days without shaving? I found that regardless of how I tried to limit the pressure, shaving every day can cause a few problems whereas going a day without results in a much smoother experience next time.

Back
Top Bottom