Talc

Prius111 said:
Hello Jon, I would highly recommend: " Pinaud " Clubman finest talc. I use this either for body or in my Shaving puffer after a shave.

A 9oz = 255g plastic tub costs £9.70p will last a good nine month's or more.

Charles U.K

Thanks Prius... appreciate the pointer
Jon

Sorry for the delay jds; you've probably hit the button on something else already. But I have now remembered to move my bag of cornflour to b/r, so will update soon, hopefully tomorrow.

soapalchemist said:
Sorry for the delay jds; you've probably hit the button on something else already. But I have now remembered to move my bag of cornflour to b/r, so will update soon, hopefully tomorrow.

No worries. Still mulling possible alternatives over at the moment. I have some Simple talc at home that is fine and I should really use things up before I buy anew. The Jack Black is in my travel bag and I have seen Nougat talc that may fit the bill, a little more expensive, but not by too much

Nougat Sports Talcum Powder

Grapefruit and cedarwood sounds nice to me.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Jon

Well, I have tried out the corn flour. I don't have any sprinkler type container, so I couldn't apply it properly. Nor do I have a big poof thingy which I remember my grandmother had when I was a child.
Also, I haven't used talc since I was a child experimenting with my grandmother's cosmetics, so can't really remember what it's supposed to feel like.
Having said all that, I didn't notice any feeling or over dryness/roughness, it felt silky smooth. However, given my lack of anything to compare it to, why don't you try some yourself Jon? More than likely there's some in your kitchen cupboard; if not you can get a box for about 1.75 - if you like it it'll last quite a while. If you don't like it, at least you have something to thicken your sauces with.

Prius111 said:
Hello Jon, I would highly recommend: " Pinaud " Clubman finest talc. I use this either for body or in my Shaving puffer after a shave.

A 9oz = 255g plastic tub costs £9.70p will last a good nine month's or more.

Charles U.K
****BUMP*******
Reading through this old thread and I'm intrigued re the 'Shaving Puffer'.:huh:
What is this?do you squirt talc on your face or is it what barber's used to use on the back of the neck?

[attachment=7228]
This might be easier to read, then again might not .
Yes, I ordered it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367991143.342511.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367991143.342511.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom