tabac sources?

ok so the VAT/customs threshold is £18

so i just placed an order for one 300ml bottle of cologne. i'll leave it a couple of days to ship and then place another order under £18 and continue until i have several packages on the way :D

i think the shop might be tempted to combine more than 1 purchase1 by 1 person on 1 day into 1 parcel to save them postage.

thanks again for the heads up on that offer.

Fido said:
Tried hard to see how to get the code for free shipping. I failed. It quotes a $59 figure for free shipping. But how does one get it for a one off item like a Tabac refill?
I got an offer of 10% discount but that was it.

A picture speaks 1000 words...

When I open <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fragrancex.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.fragrancex.com</a><!-- w -->, I see this at the top:

file.php

Attachments

• FragX.gif
    359 bytes · Views: 15
SpydieNut said:

so i just placed an order for one 300ml bottle of cologne. i'll leave it a couple of days to ship and then place another order under £18 and continue until i have several packages on the way :D

i think the shop might be tempted to combine more than 1 purchase1 by 1 person on 1 day into 1 parcel to save them postage.

I doubt they would do that - anyway - it's not the VAT/duty that's eyewatering, it's the £8 fee charged by Royal Mail (or £30 Fedex) for handling the customs brokerage...

hunnymonster said:
SpydieNut said:

I doubt they would do that - anyway - it's not the VAT/duty that's eyewatering, it's the £8 fee charged by Royal Mail (or £30 Fedex) for handling the customs brokerage...

I can confirm that they are treated as separate orders and posted individually.

hunnymonster said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Says a lot when products are landed at a significant lower cost from 3500 miles away with zero p&p than from the local high street chemist.

Comes to something when it's cheaper than buying it in Germany - even disregarding shipping and VAT costs from the equation....

Is Tabac originally from Germany?

If so, I could try and find an exporter to see what prices could be like.

TuttoItaliaOnline said:
Is Tabac originally from Germany?

If so, I could try and find an exporter to see what prices could be like.

I'd check the Fragrance X prices before you start spending time on that one.

We can't get DVH products very easily in the UK, that might be worth looking into?

henkverhaar said:
antdad said:
We can't get DVH products very easily in the UK, that might be worth looking into?

What is it with de vergulde hand? Over here they are considered plain... Functional but plain.

True...but it's not over here and that makes it exotic to us dullard's.

We don't have a "full range" national cheapo we can rely on.

antdad said:
henkverhaar said:
antdad said:

What is it with de vergulde hand? Over here they are considered plain... Functional but plain.

True...but it's not over here and that makes it exotic to us dullard's.

We don't have a "full range" national cheapo we can rely on.

Well, I could do group shopping ;-)

Anyone wanting to buy it in a shop, i saw quite a range in the Boots in town today. I looked at it, but it was too expensive for me at the moment. There was a load of it though.

hence buying it on-line, it works out vastly cheaper. my local boots had the AS at £13 for the 100ml bottle and £8 or £9 for the 50ml version :shock:

thanks to the helpful link above, i now have 3 parcels winging their way to me. there's 2 of the 300ml bottles of the EDC (1 bottle per package) and the 3rd package has 2 tubs of the soap in glass jar.

:hungrig :hungrig :hungrig

i have to say that the price was great, but also - the service and the communication from the site are first rate.

I asked the very foxy girl at the Boots perfume counter if they had Tabac. She said "it's in the old men's section" and took me there (it's an aisle, not a part of her body).

Lo and behold it was there with Old Spice on a three-for-two deal.

BTW The Old Spice was nice - started off just like my dad used to wear in the 1970's but the drydown was a vanilla sweetness that was lovely and very metrosexual. Reformulated I think?

That assistant was nice though. I'd like to see her dry down.

:hungrig

Hi Guys,

Had missed most of this thread, but I now see that you would like to be able to get De Vergulde Hand products from Holland?

Anything particular like the sticks the jars or the foam?

I'll contact the people that are responsible for distribution tomorrow and ask for some prices. If they just sell in very large quantities, then I could buy those from a local store that has an offering.

Let's see if the Dutch can still maintain their reputation to be functional and above all, cheap!

Tell you more when I find out!

Back
Top Bottom