Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

Great insight there Brian, thanks.

Coconut Oil I can understand might be expensive, Tallow I thought was a cheap bye product from the meat industry, wouldn't have thought it would be an expensive ingredient.
Coconut oil prices keep increasing. Tallow is a by-product but it still is relatively expensive and is about same per Kg as coconut oil.

Good riddance to Tabac is what I say. Now if they do something really insane say like FUBAR the Speick stick I'll be in the vanguard of the army crossing the Rhine!! :D

Just ordered a refill from Amazon. The refill and my initial puck will last for a while in my rotation. I resisted to stock tabac for life (pretty sure anyway I will buy 10+ other soaps in couple of months... ). They are reporting 12 in stock now and no photo. So there is a high chance that they are preparing the reformulation photos and they just sell the stock now.

Good riddance to Tabac is what I say. Now if they do something really insane say like FUBAR the Speick stick I'll be in the vanguard of the army crossing the Rhine!! :D

Right now it's the last German made tallow shaving stick left standing. Wilkinson Sword, Palmolive, and now Tabac are no longer in production.

Speick just changed their packaging and it still the old formula so I presume they will be sold for a while to come, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is taken off sooner than later.

interesting. I recently received some from Amazon but have thrown the box. I did initially think the performance wasn't as good, but could be in my head. When I started my previous puck I grated it all up then pressed it back into the bowl. It seems like it lathers more easily that way but again could just be in my head.

What's that old saying about if it's not broke?

interesting. I recently received some from Amazon but have thrown the box. I did initially think the performance wasn't as good, but could be in my head. When I started my previous puck I grated it all up then pressed it back into the bowl. It seems like it lathers more easily that way but again could just be in my head.

What's that old saying about if it's not broke?
It looks like the Factory that was making it was the same one that made the original Fine soaps and was closed down by the owners , so I guess unfortunately it broke !

Back
Top Bottom