Tabac - is that it?

lagaffe said:
...Reminds me a bit of Imperial Leather soap...
That just might be the problem. Imperial Leather was the standard soap in our house right through the 70's. Reminds me of reluctant bath nights aged 9...

slowblade said:
That just might be the problem. Imperial Leather was the standard soap in our house right through the 70's. Reminds me of reluctant bath nights aged 9 years in a vat of warm soapy water

Moos' scent is pretty off-putting. Mind you, I thought the same with Tabac at first (a bit too old man-y), but I've quite warmed to Tabac. Both good soaps.

Agreed Ol, and in my humble opinion by far the easiest soap to use, it's actually difficult to get a bad lather.

Regards

I got through a puck of Tabac before deciding it wasn't for me.

Lathers great, no arguments there. Performance wise, it was.... underwhelming. Never as slick as I hoped, and stung a bit during final rinse (the true soap test for me as I go for BBS every shave). I found the lather dried too quickly too. Saying that, I did have several awesome shaves with it, but also some mediocre and some downright bad ones. I find other soaps far more consistent.

Onto the scent - after a few weeks the soap scent mellowed and was actually fairly pleasant, but nothing to rave about. The aftershave on the other hand was vile - I swear there was a "dog shit" note in there somewhere. I kept getting whiffs of it throughout the day and it made me gag. Awful. :evil:

John