Tabac - is that it?

Rev-O said:
NO!

The Moos smells like hotel toiletries - too green and "air freshener" for me.

Tabac is the best all rounder (certainly on the price:performance ratio).

Tallow, European, a classic: yes, the same could be said of Palmolive but Tabac is better in every way (and Palmolive ain't bad, so that's saying something.)

Some people gag at the smell but it is just a musky, leathery, masculine soapy smell.

And the lather is so cushioning: it performs like a top-end cream instead of a mass-produced soap.

Agreed Ol, and in my humble opinion by far the easiest soap to use, it's actually difficult to get a bad lather.

Regards

I got through a puck of Tabac before deciding it wasn't for me.

Lathers great, no arguments there. Performance wise, it was.... underwhelming. Never as slick as I hoped, and stung a bit during final rinse (the true soap test for me as I go for BBS every shave). I found the lather dried too quickly too. Saying that, I did have several awesome shaves with it, but also some mediocre and some downright bad ones. I find other soaps far more consistent.

Onto the scent - after a few weeks the soap scent mellowed and was actually fairly pleasant, but nothing to rave about. The aftershave on the other hand was vile - I swear there was a "dog shit" note in there somewhere. I kept getting whiffs of it throughout the day and it made me gag. Awful. :evil:

John

Back
Top Bottom