Swedish Swing Razors

Bechet45 said:
Methinks it's gold plated but only time will tell. Fingers crossed.

If it is it does look pretty awesome in gold:
swing-rosegold-940x626.jpg

Wow, it WAS gold-plated!
It looks absolutely stunning.

I'm curious - how do you like the handle?
In the beginning I felt it was a bit 'odd' but after a while that solid, Swedish steel felt like such a high-quality piece that I totally adopted to it.

Grats on a great score!

Btw, I scored another Swing with a rather, to me, unusual handle, that is making its way to me now:

symako.jpg

Ah! I left that one alone - don't like the handle. On the other hand, I love the 'regular' Swing handle - have been trying to find someone who can make me a 100mm version but no luck so far - obvious obstacles to machining one.

Bechet45 said:
Ah! I left that one alone - don't like the handle. On the other hand, I love the 'regular' Swing handle - have been trying to find someone who can make me a 100mm version but no luck so far - obvious obstacles to machining one.

Yeah I know what you mean - the 'original' is really great handle once you get used to it. I love the heft.

The Swing I bought (that have a head that really needs a replate...) was made more 'appealing' as it became part of a 'bundle' of Swedish razors including a Strivel that I had wanted for a looong time :)

Hiya,

It just occurred to me.......most of you guys probably don't speak Svenskaland. Now that's pretty good.

Years ago when living in Northern Sweden with the 'Wood People', I obviously learned how to correctly pronounce things. Let me just provide a link with how this is supposed to sound.

I hope this helps a lot,

Martin

Swing baby swing!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTqUEhWYsI

dodgy said:
Hiya,

It just occurred to me.......most of you guys probably don't speak Svenskaland. Now that's pretty good.

Years ago when living in Northern Sweden with the 'Wood People' group, I learned how to correctly pronounce things obviously. Let me just provide a link with how it's supposed to sound.

I hope this helps a lot,

Martin

Lucky for me I'm fluent in Swedish :D

Darkbulb said:
dodgy said:
Hiya,

Years ago when living in Northern Sweden with the 'Wood People' , I obviously learned how to correctly pronounce things . Let me just provide a link with how it's supposed to sound.

I hope this helps a lot,

Martin

Lucky for me I'm fluent in Swedish :D

That gold razor Carl ended up with looks to be in good shape. Nice acquision there buddy, especially with that case.

DB, you can bet Carl saw the other razors......heh. Speaking of those, that French Floozy SE contraption is something Paul will like seeing pics of.

dodgy said:
That gold razor Carl ended up with looks to be in good shape. Nice acquision there buddy, especially with that case.

i agree, it's stunning and love that case.
Looking forward to hearing how it works out for him when using it.

Loaded the Swing with my trusted test blade - 7 O'clock Green - and used a weird new soap - Durance L'Ome - I still don't know whether it is brushless or is supposed to lather. Anyway, thought I was getting a good Tech-type shave, nice and comfortable but not very close - and maybe that is where I went wrong and bore down a bit.

The result was Tech-acceptable and the shave very enjoyable but then I splashed on some after-shave! Very mild Clarins stung to buggery - and the mirror revealed a couple or three weepers. Five, actually.

Of the razor, given it's handle is Tech-sized and meant for tinee-tiny hands, I simply loved it! Lovely bit of kit! If only I could find someone to make a 100mm version of it - my latest idea is a blacksmith and then a machinist. Anyone know a blacksmith who works in stainless - or brass?

Hi RH - please look at the photos of the metal Swing razors above. I'm after a stainless or brass version of those handles only 100mm long instead of the shortness shown (I'll measure if you can help - upstairs is a journey for me).

Looks to me like hex bar drawn out and then turned - maybe the bottom end given a good thump before drawing out?

What do you think? Within your skill set? I do hope so!

Bechet45 said:
Hi RH - please look at the photos of the metal Swing razors above. I'm after a stainless or brass version of those handles only 100mm long instead of the shortness shown (I'll measure if you can help - upstairs is a journey for me).

Looks to me like hex bar drawn out and then turned - maybe the bottom end given a good thump before drawing out?

What do you think? Within your skill set? I do hope so!

How about a handle in the shape of a Swing....but with the knurling of a Charcoal razor handle? Mind blown!

This handle? It looks like it has a hex profile. [attachment=13670]

When I get back into work I'll have a play, i cant see any major problems if you let me know approx dimensions for it length, min diameter( at the neck) and major diameter(at the end).I can definitely try one from brass, I don't know what grades of corrosion resistant metals we have, a lot are not stainless and will corrode in a hot steamy environment.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1428864651988.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428864651988.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom