Suneko "Amorphous Diamond" Super Stainless

The new temptation is already available.

Suneko-Amorphus-Diamond.jpg

has anyone tried these and can compare them to a blade like nacet? they're the same price, £10 for a hundred blades. is performance about the same or are these better than well known blades?

PXL_20240114_112749006~2.jpgPXL_20240110_123310291.jpg
I was surprised by how compact the package was for 100 blades when it got delivered.

I don't know anything about DLC but is it really that far fetched that these blades use it when wiki says:
Virtually all of the multi-bladed razors used for wet shaving have the edges coated with hydrogen-free DLC to reduce friction, preventing abrasion of sensitive skin.
isn't it expected that it would make its way to DE blades as well?

I found an Indian cartridge system called Uncle Tony that also has that diamond coating. Very little else by way of razor blades, but it might just be early days for the technology when so applied.
I think it's the opposite - it's become so prevalent no-one bothers mentioning it. I remember using Wilkinson Sword carts with the technology as a student around the turn of the millennium, and I'm pretty sure there's a layer included on the Wilky DE blades (that they don't even bother to trumpet).

There was a 7 o'clock diamond for a while in the late 90's https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/gillette-7-oclock-family.53513/post-811533

I am looking forward to receiving these blades.

I've started to re-purpose 'nice' boxes once the products have been used up. Usually Christmas gifts with elaborate packaging. Teas, soaps, that kind of thing.
I like the dvd box idea. You can put a label on the spine when you put them in a bookshelf. Of course because they're sharp you will need to put an 18 certificate on each one!

what's everyone's thoughts on these now a few more people have probably had a chance to try a few?

I thought they were nice and sharp with no tugging and I got four great comfortable head shaves with no irritation from them.

I'm considering ordering another hundred before the royal mail ban on carrying blades but going to try some nacets and silver stars soon first and see which I prefer.

there's also a chance that Russian blades will eventually not be available after a few years but even better Chinese blades might come around or be developed in future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom