Suggestions on which cream to try will be gratefully received

WiffWaff said:
Very interesting thread
It's actually got me looking through the various internet shops with a thought to trying out a soap (I've mostly used creams up to date)

A soap stick would prove very useful as a travel item. I assume as you put it straight on your face and then lather up (that's what I've done with Arko in the past) I won't need to take a small bowl with me. I'm thinking of trying out a Speick soap stick

The Cella Italian soap also looks interesting... but I thought I might try out Mitchell's Wool Fat soap... a lot of people seem to use it on SOTD and I can't resist that ceramic bowl (and it's made close to here)

Getting my NF brush for Christmas... January could be the perfect time to try some of these out!

I'd suggest trying a sample of MWF from ManMachine before you take the plunge. It can cause sensitivity for some people, so, if you're one of those who find it irritates, you won't have spent as much to find out.

Yeah, for MWF - what Chris said. For Speick shave stick - excellent choice, for me it's the best one out there (unless competing against Palmolive's price :)).

I find this to perform very well for a good price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-Shaving-Co-Professional/dp/B000UVNJSE

chrisbell said:
I'd suggest trying a sample of MWF from ManMachine before you take the plunge. It can cause sensitivity for some people, so, if you're one of those who find it irritates, you won't have spent as much to find out.

I'm on it!

Will try the Speick anyway... the difference in price with Palmolive is not a deal breaker!

Halk said:
I find this to perform very well for a good price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-Shaving-Co-Professional/dp/B000UVNJSE

I'm sure I saw that in Boots today. A lot of stuff to try out!

My own favourite is an Uberlather of soap, cream & glycerin all mixed together. But any of these can be used on their own with good results...

Soaps... MWF, TOBS Jermyn Street, Fitjar Shea Pleasure & Institut Karite.
Creams... Simpsons Luxury, TOBS Jermyn Street & Fitjar Shea Pleasure.

I'm also very impressed with the Tabac Shaving Stick!

Mark

arko soap in a plastic tub,,,filled just over the top with body shop maka cream

altho the body shop stuff is excellent anyway

spot on

Sezer74 said:
Personally Green proraso is the best, Red one is good but don't smell as nice as green. I am disappointed by the Blue one both the performance and smell is no where near as the green one.

Just to counter this I don't like the smell or performance of green vs white.

mattyb240 said:
Sezer74 said:
Personally Green proraso is the best, Red one is good but don't smell as nice as green. I am disappointed by the Blue one both the performance and smell is no where near as the green one.

Just addition to this, I haven't tried the white one lol, if the smell of white cream same as the a/s balm, to me still green is the best but likes of smell is a personel thing. Generally proraso is a good product with excellent performance

Sezer74 said:
mattyb240 said:
Sezer74 said:

Just addition to this, I haven't tried the white one lol, if the smell of white cream same as the a/s balm, to me still green is the best but likes of smell is a personel thing. Generally proraso is a good product with excellent performance

I love the white one, and disappointingly the white ASB smells nothing like the soap.

mattyb240 said:
Sezer74 said:
mattyb240 said:
Sezer74 said:

I love the white one, and disappointingly the white ASB smells nothing like the soap.
Noo LOL, Now I think I will have to buy the white one to try as well, curiosity of White Proraso!! This will keep me awake untill i try the white proraso. I think I will offer a Swap a White Proraso to my Blue Proraso that I used only twice!

Has anyone mentioned Body Shop Maca Root? A great cream in terms of fragrance and performance and I believe you can get a sample of it from them if you ask nicely.

Otherwise I prefer Trumpers over Taylors creams but its marginal.

Back
Top Bottom