Suggestions on a 2nd razor

New is a Gillette (Gillette New). It's a nice razor and I would probably recommend it over the Gillette Old type. Haven't tried any modern open combs so hope that is a tiny bit of help to you! I also favour a short comb over a long comb as I shave regularly so don't need the extra length.

So Valhalla is really the name of a Viking Tea shoppe? No wonder they all want to go there. Tea and scones at Valhalla, Odin old boy? What a jolly spiffing idea, my dear Heimdal - topper!

John, from recent posts perhaps your diplomacy means you're now called (Swiss) Tony?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBw-aEixWuo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:icon_lol: Yes I am Swiss Tony ......In fact shaving with a vintage razor is like making love to a beautiful woman, first you have to wine and dine her with the best shaving soaps/ creams in the world.
And when you shave with her you have to gently hold her and treat her with all the love in the world,and after you shave with her you have to give her a dam good Rodgering with a tooth brush.
Stick with me,and I'll show you how do deal with these vintage razors

Kind regards
Swiss tony

Johnboy,

Love making advice duly noted - wonder what brand of brush the wife would prefer? Perhaps one of those new oscillating electric fellows? Alas, I fear I may become redundant. What do you mean, "You are already!"

Hmm, I think a new career as a toothbrush salesman beckons.....;)

Gairdner said:
Johnboy,

Love making advice duly noted - wonder what brand of brush the wife would prefer? Perhaps one of those new oscillating electric fellows? Alas, I fear I may become redundant. What do you mean, "You are already!"

Hmm, I think a new career as a toothbrush salesman beckons.....;)

:icon_lol:

Some thing to avoid is a 1920s ball end, that's open comb, I've got one of those, the handles crack and the modern blades have to be adjusted until there 90% right, there we are back on track....I think:s

WiffWaff said:
chrisbell said:
Most off-topic thread ever on TSR?:angel::icon_rolleyes:

I'd agree with that.
I'll hold my hands up to bringing in the Vikings... but I'm not taking the blame for the vibrating brush!

I went to bed....and in the morning I'm Swiss Toni, a dodgy car dealer with a 60s hair do so I'll take the rap for the sexual advice:blush:

Sorry Ill just edit that wet bit out

You wet the bed? Crikey, this is a shaving forum not an agony aunt column!

I'll take the rap for, well just about everything really! :blush:

OK, so I have looked around, checked the ones on ebay and have to admit that I m not realy into vintage razors and would prefer to get a new one... :blush:

So, since the only adjustables come from Merkur what other options do I have for non adjustable razors which will keep company to my HD and give a closer shave ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom