Suggestions for new brush

Around 6 years ago asked for advice on a bush …. and was pointed to Omega 49
thinking it‘s time for a new brush.
I’m use hard soaps .. DR Harris or Taylor of old Bond Street.

I do 2 pass Shaving once per day.

What would you consider a step up from Omega 49 … without going nuts on price.
some ones I have dug out from the forum include:

Omega 31064
Barbarossa luxury silver tip synthetic
Taylor of old Bond Street Traditional Pure Badger Large
Parker safety razor synthetic bristle
Semogue 1305.

Jus
Paul

Thanks … but not after a used brush.

Thanks … but not after a used brush.
One of these will meet your needs:

If you can, I'd recommend getting an unbleached Zenith boar from YourShaving, they have a few models in stock. My €7 unbleached Zenith boar is a lather machine.

I find the unbleached Zenith to be the pick of the boar knots I have tried. I like Omega though, less enthusiastic about Semogue ones, they have nice handles though.

I'd also order a PAA synth as well.

It is very likely that you will buy a synthetic brush one day and that brush may well be a Yaqi (£20 or less new.) It is possible that once you’ve used a synthetic you’ll not use a badger or boar brush again. This happened to me and I now have 3 Yaqis - my brush den is complete.

As above...I have 5 Yaqi synthetic brushes now. My favourite (and one which I have yet to see a bad comment about) is the Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Pony knot. It's plush, it splays well, and feels great on the face. Lathers like a champ.
Just get one...hard to go wrong and not much money involved.

I'm sure you can shop around to find one near you.
However...just to muddy the waters...although I do enjoy my Yaqi brushes I just recently ordered 2 new synthetics from APShave (simply because I decided I 'needed' more brushes and 'wanted' something different this time). I like the 26mm size but I decided to try a 28mm brush this time (just in case I was missing out on some brushy goodness).
28mm Synbad Fan knot in blue & clear handle , and 28mm Synbad Bulb knot in red & clear handle.
https://apshaveco.com/
But...Yaqi make a 30mm knot too.
Go on...you know you want one.

Care to suggest a Yagi brush to consider - not familiar with them
Looked at 26mm brushes .... Tuxedo, Mysterious space & Timberwolf are they basically the same, just different handles ?

Last edited:
I’d recommend PAA synths too. The Atomic Rocket is excellent. Although I haven’t used the Pellegrino, it looks amazing. I wouldn’t use a badger or boar ever again. Synths - no need for soaking, negligible bristle loss (dependent on quality of course) ease of lathering, cleaning and drying. Each to their own, of course.

Last edited: