Suggestions for new brush

Care to suggest a Yagi brush to consider - not familiar with them
Looked at 26mm brushes .... Tuxedo, Mysterious space & Timberwolf are they basically the same, just different handles ?
6357B34F-4FA1-4A3E-8E94-A7E59F8F453B.jpeg
These are the three Yaqi synthetics that I have. The first one is a 24mm dandelion with Cashmere knot, second is a 24mm purple haze with Mew brown knot and third a 22mm cola with two band knot similar to a Tuxedo.

None of these brushes have ever shed a hair, all have super soft tips with varying degrees of backbone and all have a nicely balanced splay. I’ve found backbone firmness from softest to firmer is Cashmere - Mew brown - Tuxedo and I believe the Timberwolf sits between Cashmere and Mew brown.

My personal favourite is the two band knot on the right.

DSC01670.JPG
I would second the PAA brushes, of these I continuously return to the Perigrino, it's a solid brush that feels great on the face and a nice weight in the hand, it's performed well with everything I've thrown at it. I can see the phantom being the same.

Though saying that I do love the TGN 26mm boar set in an AP handle (if you can be bothered assembling one), lathers everything well and the extra scrub on the face is grand (still not completely broken in mind).

This is obviously just one opinion on a very subjective topic, and ignore it all if you're already set with the Yaqis.

Around 6 years ago asked for advice on a bush …. and was pointed to Omega 49
thinking it‘s time for a new brush.
I’m use hard soaps .. DR Harris or Taylor of old Bond Street.

I do 2 pass Shaving once per day.

What would you consider a step up from Omega 49 … without going nuts on price.
some ones I have dug out from the forum include:

Omega 31064
Barbarossa luxury silver tip synthetic
Taylor of old Bond Street Traditional Pure Badger Large
Parker safety razor synthetic bristle
Semogue 1305.

Read.

Though saying that I do love the TGN 26mm boar set in an AP handle (if you can be bothered assembling one), lathers everything well and the extra scrub on the face is grand (still not completely broken in mind).
(y)

Boar, nothing better, you may as well get one now, sooner or later that's what you're gonna "need".

Now I’m feeling the need for a new boat brush as I’ve never had one!
Is this any good? Shaving station have 20% off Zeniths at the moment and being of Italian heritage I fancy this one! (Sensitive subject at the moment I know!)

Zenith boar brush.

It’s always dangerous to ask if a product is ‘…any good’. We all have different opinions as to boars, badger and synths (and soaps and blades, for that matter). None of our opinions are less valid than the others. At the end of the day, it’s what you like and what you feel comfortable with. I’d suggest you don’t just buy for the sake of it (believe me, I’ve been there); but if you feel the need maybe check out some YouTube footage of the products you’re interested in.

This is the only thing synthetic brushes are good for!

starbrite-premium-wash-brush-synthetic-wood-block-8-265978-2659-6259_std__62766.1543706442.1280.1280.jpg

Is this any good? Shaving station have 20% off Zeniths at the moment and being of Italian heritage I fancy this one! (Sensitive subject at the moment I know!)

Zenith boar brush.

They only have the bleached ones.

They eat lather and are difficult to build a lather with.

The unbleached ones are excellent though.

Back
Top Bottom