Straights Waiting to Arrive

Just Pressed the Button on this NOS Factory Fresh.. USSR ZTV Factory "EXTRA" (ЭКСТРА) 1952..Its a Half Hollow 5/8th..Looks as if it was Made this Morning..Just had to have this One..Rare to Find these 50 s Commie Models in this Kinda Nick..Got it for a Great Price.. From the Motherland with Love...

Billy..

Got this Factory Fresh..NOS..Dovo Model 44 Inox 5/8th..Stainless Job Coming in the Post..These are Lovely Razors..I Homed One Once & Liked it..Horn Scales & its an Older Model which were Better Made I Reckon..Got it for a Good Price an All...This One is Stamped on the Tang..The Newer Models are Not Deeply Factory Stamped the Same as this One..

I Need Help..

Na..Enjoyrd My Wee Buying Purge Lately..Delighted..

Billy

Both these Factory Fresh NOS Razors Arrived Today..A Buffalo Horn Dovo Inox 5/8th..This is an Earlier Out of Production Model.Its a Beautiful Razor.Always Wanted One of these & Dovo Razors Dont Typically Impress Me So Make of that What Ya Will..The C. Myers & Sons Sheffield is a Full 7/8th..Not Including the Spine.It Looks as if it Was Made Just this Morning..I Stole it an All..The Same Company Made KROPP Razors..The Best Genre of Sheffield SR Production,.Grinding & Steel in My Books..

Pretty Darn Happy..

Billy..

It's going to be my first SR, from Solingen, a Ralf Aust in Stainless Steel, I went with the double jimping and after a brief discussion about various scale materials I have decided on the Micarta scales.. I have also understood that due to differing methods of measurements that this 5/8 is probably closer to a 6/8ths..

It's an exciting purchase, quite personal, a little bit intimidating, at the same time it's functional and an object of craftmanship.

Let's not forget the strop, the secondary side is hemp based.

I already sharpen my own knives and having diligently studied DrMatts videos on Youtube and I am convinced that I will manage to keep things 'razorsharp'.. whereas DrMatt is a Sharpton advocate whereas I am more of a Naniwa affectionionado... ( I will buy a couple of El Cheapo used SRs from Ebay in order to practice honing long before it will become necessary on the Ralf Aust)

Last edited:
Nice looking razor !

Excellent Choice , enjoy your new razor.