Straight Razor Shave of the Day

SoTd
Had a nice shave tonight another run out with the gold dollar something very enjoyable about taking a razor to a stone and being able to get a shave from it.. although it may not compare to an edge put on by the professionals there is still something very rewarding about it and I’m really looking forward to progressing with the journey ! Always enjoy the Mdc natural not used it in a while although it’s unscented it does have a slight scent to it and one which I really like..feeling smooth and refreshedC73510D5-950C-4098-850D-D6943F809AD3.jpeg

SoTd
Had a nice shave tonight another run out with the gold dollar something very enjoyable about taking a razor to a stone and being able to get a shave from it.. although it may not compare to an edge put on by the professionals there is still something very rewarding about it and I’m really looking forward to progressing with the journey ! Always enjoy the Mdc natural not used it in a while although it’s unscented it does have a slight scent to it and one which I really like..feeling smooth and refreshedView attachment 70638
Absolutely what it is about Jay , nothing like shaving with an edge you prepared yourself , well done.

Absolutely what it is about Jay , nothing like shaving with an edge you prepared yourself , well done.
Thank you Russ it will be very nice to one day be able to set my own bevel from scratch and take it right through the progression to get a nice shave from it but just taking to the finisher and all going well has a sense of satisfaction in itself

SoTd
Having not had time for yesterday’s shave today’s was much welcomed so decided to enjoy an afternoon one ! The little gold dollar provided a lovely shave..always enjoy the SV up there with the favourites..they may well be matched but in my honest opinion can’t be beaten excellent performance ! Feeling silky smooth and refreshed4BB4D3B2-EAD5-4E5F-BA23-6F66BCCFE3AC.jpeg

I must say I do want to try honing something that it won't matter too much if I screw up. I think it would be so rewarding to get a good shave from an ebay RSO. Not sure I know enough yet to even begin, need to feel like I know where I'm at with my diamond sprays on balsa before I get onto stones but it's a skill I'm keen to acquire at some point, such that I can take my decent SRs to them without fear of doing them a disservice.

My shave of the day today was a post-shower wash with Pears, left on and a lovely lather from my red Cella, then a 2-pass (WTG>ATG instead of W>X) with the Baurmann. Felt the burn with a good splash of Tabac straight after, soothed and smoothed with a dab of Cien Q10 men's moisturising stuff.

Wasn't much to do really as I took the Tennis for a run only yesterday afternoon, so now I really do have a face like a baby dolphin's bum hahaha!

Last edited:
I must say I do want to try honing something that it won't matter too much if I screw up. I think it would be so rewarding to get a good shave from an ebay RSO. Not sure I know enough yet to even begin, need to feel like I know where I'm at with my diamond sprays on balsa before I get onto stones but it's a skill I'm keen to acquire at some point, such that I can take my decent SRs to them without fear of doing them a disservice.

My shave of the day today was a post-shower wash with Pears, left on and a lovely lather from my red Cella, then a 2-pass (WTG>ATG instead of W>X) with the Baurmann. Felt the burn with a good splash of Tabac straight after, soothed and smoothed with a dab of Cien Q10 men's moisturising stuff.

Wasn't much to do really as I took the Tennis for a run only yesterday afternoon, so now I really do have a face like a baby dolphin's bum hahaha!
I’ve only had a few goes with the finishing stone myself and it’s very rewarding to be able to shave with an edge you have taken to the stone yourself but I have a long way to go yet to learn how to set my own bevel. I’ve only been straight shaving since the beginning of this year but didn’t want to rush with the stones I wanted to learn proper technique of how to shave proficiently with a straight first instead of trying to learn everything at once, I started out shaving every other day and then moved to everyday as my technique improved..recently I’ve felt like I have now absorbed a lot of the basic knowledge needed and have felt hungry for more so it felt like a good time to start having a play with the stones. There are guys on here with a wealth of knowledge compared to me but a gold dollar is probably a good place to start, they take a nice edge I was kindly given mine by a very kind member on the forum to practice on after testing and edge for him thank you @Tony'schin and I may pick up something else for practicing at some point too ! I’m not sure if you have already invested in stones but some do recommend lapping film to get started as a budget friendly alternative. Great to read your SoTd sounds like you had a really nice shave..I must get myself some tabac at some point I quite like the scent of it

SoTd
A lovely shave with the little gold dollar still experimenting a bit with this razor and really enjoying it going to take it to the paste next just to get a bit of a feel for the differences that can be felt from the edge..it’s all good fun and I will be giving this little razor plenty of use in the coming shaves ! The zingari man No1 is such a great scent too always enjoy itD272FE1E-1D29-4491-ABE4-03C7AA4E62B6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom