SOTD : Saturdy 28th March to 3th April 2020

SOTD : 28th March 2020.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Lea Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(1)

Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & menthol. ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend,..I'm making this a 'shave stick' week,as it's been a while since i last gave my humble shave sticks a outing.Starting off with the Lea shave stick, which i find works superbly with a synthetic brush building up a wonderful lather adequate lather for the shave in a short space of time.From my first introduction of the proraso eucalyptus & menthol aftershave it became a instant favourite, it's scent, to my nose YMMV smells nothing like the soap ,i only wish the fragrance of this outstanding aftershave lotion had more lingering power, you can't have everything can you .However, the post shave feel makes up for the lack of it's wonderful quickly fading away fragrance.

A silky smooth 3 pass +pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen,stay safe and enjoy your shaves.:cool:

Saturday 28th March
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Barbershop - Schick G1 - Personna #3 - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
NawtftS.jpg

Date:- 28 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Leviathan
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Kai Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- McGuigan Black Label Red

27/03/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: GFCC Caribbean Lime
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished
Blade: Feather HS (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk14 (2).JPG

1st use of the newly adopted PILS NL courtesy of @Blademonkey & TAZ, I decided on a Feather HS as this seems to get a lot of mentions/recommendations on forums etc. and i know these blades are sharp.
A great lather from the GFCC Lime scented cream mixed with the little Vulfix in a Turkish copper bowl.
This razor is very nice to look at and feels great in the hand, i was a little worried about gripping it because of the Hi polished finish, no issue really even in my wet mitt. He is a big lad but well balanced.
The 1st pass WTG was great, a little bit of adjustment as i went to find a nice cutting Angle, easy, i hit a sweet spot quickly and the razor feedback and audio of the blade cutting told me this was correct.
I did a mixed pass for my second pass being mindful to keep the Angle from the first pass, i think i am going to enjoy getting to know this one.
so, 2 passes only for a top notch finish.
This is a really mild, comfortable razor and WOW is it efficient, not aggressive in any way, a confidence inspiring razor.
I believe it has the tag of "Thor's Hammer", well it does seem to be sent from the Shaving Gods and i think you could well knock nails in with it, although, that is not recommended.
A nice post shave routine leaving me 1 happy shaver,
Thanks Paul,
Stay safe and enjoy your weekend All.

Sat 28th March

RazoRock Syn.24mm
P & B Spitfire
ES Claymore V1 / Bulldog handle
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

After the light Injectors moved on to the heavyweights of the AC/SE World. Was quite fun adapting to a slightly different Shaving technique, and all went well though I needed to have spent a bit more time on my more difficult RHS.
Hope you all have a good weekend and find plenty of things to keep you occupied. After my son had no luck shopping for us yesterday, I went out at 0600 , and all very quiet in fact less people than when I went to an Oldies session at beginning of the week, now set up for a while :)

IMG_0637.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday's Shave

Another new Signature Soap to try and again what an Amazing Fragrance and the same clean lather and great performance I have had from everyone of their soaps.

Preshave Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Feather
Brush: Grizzly Bay Synthetic
Soap: Signature Soap - Vectis
Splash: Star Noir
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Dunhill Desire Black

20200328_102918 2.jpg

Saturday (no pic, sorry)

Tabac Original
MÜHLE Mint Rytmo Black Fibre
Face lather
Gillette Old/Brownie (U.S.A, 1920)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

I can never work out the ancestry of some of these vintage Gillettes. The providence of the Old, for instance (and the New) seems to me depend on its box, or set: Pocket Edition, Brownie and so on. Looking at Mr Razor's site, my Old seems to resemble a 1920 Pocket Edition; although mine is a few grammes heavier.

Does any of the above matter? Not really for me. It's an American Gillette Old, circa 1920 and it gives an absolutely fantastic shave.

Back
Top Bottom