Razor Pils 118NL
Blade ~ Souplex
Soap ~ Klar Kabinnett
Brush ~ Pils Silvertip
Post ~ Thayers original astringent / MdC post shave balm
Frag ~ Mancera - Roses Vanille

@kamisori

Have a nice day folks.....P.

Nice looking "German quality shave" Paul (y)

03/11/19
Pre shave prep: Hot Shower
Brush: RR400
Soap: P&B Star Noir
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Polsilver
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: 1912 Citrus Musk

2 Sun (2).JPG

A more confident shave today with the Dart, using the steeper angle recommended by other users of this razor. This is a really handsome razor and i am glad i have persevered with it.
Today was my 1st use of a Polsilver blade and i am not too sure about it, although it did seem to start to smooth out towards the end of the shave. I have palm stropped the blade for the next shave, i believe this is supposed to smooth out the edge a little.
A very nice lather and 2 Passes WTG, XTG with some ATG buffing leaving me BBS, Nothing from the block. A nice post shave skin feeling after a massage with the Barts Balm Lotion and Balm, finishing with the 1912 Citrus Musk.
A very happy shaver this morning.
I am ready for my day starting with a walk in the Park with the dogs, a visit with the Mothership then take the Darlin' out for her Lunch.
Have a great Sunday All

SOTD 20191103.
ZSYILdj.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "CTAPT" (START) 0.90 OC / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Personna Platinum Chrome (4).
DejaVu "Cool" ASL.
The CTAPT razor shaves comfortably and effective - about the same as the Game Changer 0.84 OC.
The razor head weights 41 grams (including blade), today with a stainless steel handle of 95 grams.
Tomorrow I will test this razor with a titanium handle for comparison.

03/11/19
Pre shave prep: Hot Shower
Brush: RR400
Soap: P&B Star Noir
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Polsilver
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: 1912 Citrus Musk

View attachment 48746

A more confident shave today with the Dart, using the steeper angle recommended by other users of this razor. This is a really handsome razor and i am glad i have persevered with it.
Today was my 1st use of a Polsilver blade and i am not too sure about it, although it did seem to start to smooth out towards the end of the shave. I have palm stropped the blade for the next shave, i believe this is supposed to smooth out the edge a little.
A very nice lather and 2 Passes WTG, XTG with some ATG buffing leaving me BBS, Nothing from the block. A nice post shave skin feeling after a massage with the Barts Balm Lotion and Balm, finishing with the 1912 Citrus Musk.
A very happy shaver this morning.
I am ready for my day starting with a walk in the Park with the dogs, a visit with the Mothership then take the Darlin' out for her Lunch.
Have a great Sunday All

The Polsilver blades are stunning but maybe too much for the Dart. I found the Dart to be very aggressive with a lot of blade feel.
I'd recommend the Gillette Silver Blue which is more forgiving than the Polsilver.

03/11/19

Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Soap: MdC Fougere
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: LEA

I bought some samples of MdC to try (Original, Fougere and Vetiver) to see what all the hype is about. Normally I have no problem buying a full soap blind but the MdC price tag encouraged me to be a little more sensible in this endeavour.

I opted to try the Fougere first as that's the scent that most interested me. Meh! It's alright. Performance was ok. Doesn't seem to be any better or worse than my other good soaps. These observations are from a single use of course.

The 3one6 and GSB combo is still brilliant. Easy 2.5 passes for a nice finish and no feedback from the Alum.

Have a great Sunday all!

The Polsilver blades are stunning but maybe too much for the Dart. I found the Dart to be very aggressive with a lot of blade feel.
I'd recommend the Gillette Silver Blue which is more forgiving than the Polsilver.
Thanks for the recommendation @Blackmass, however, I have just checked my stash and from over 1500 blades i do not seem to have any GSB's, more blades i do not need. ;)
I will find a smoother blade for it as i now know how it shaves.
Thanks again,
T

IMG_20191103_150350__01.jpg

Carbon Co Cx Titanium
Polsilver
Oumo SHD Manchurian Finest
Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina soap and aftershave

First shave using the Carbon Co Cx with the titanium handle. Mmm...can a razor be too light? It feels as though you have nothing in your hand. For maneuverability is great but I think it may have impaired the efficiency somewhat. Early days and all that. As per usual the finished results were excellent

My latest brush bought from a good friend was every bit as good as my previous Oumo. Fabulous feel, backbone and follow through.

Have a good week Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Vintage Earthenware shaving bowl
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- King of Shaves Sensitive Gel
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson TTO and Dorco (6)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 6 with the Wilkinson and a Dorco blade from Sainsburys.

First use of the King of Shaves Gel, I bought this when I started DE shaving and stocked up at Sainsburys, before I knew better. Must admit to having one of the best shaves to date, close and smooth, really comfortable. I had been expecting something much worse from the KOS gel having used Bulldog shave gel which I found really disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom