Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Personna Blue Lab (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Lotion & Proraso Red balm
Aftershave: Proraso Red & CK Be

1 Sat.JPG

I have planned to give the Dart another run out and have been reading up on technique & I paired it with a used Med Prep blade
Today i shaved with a much steeper angle than normal and actually took the weight off the razor so there was only very light contact.
It was a careful shave and 3 Passes went without issue, i did not get the massive blade feel i got last time out,
I have been rewarded with a very comfortable BBS finish, nothing from the block and a nice post shave routine.
I have loaded it with a Polsilver for tomorrow.

Pity about the rugby but we were well beaten.

Have a great afternoon All.

Saturday AM 2019-11-02

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Stubby 2 Speckled Amber Manchurian White (26/50)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/WRH7
Wizamet Super Iridium (10)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)

The excellent ER brush, wonderful old Floris cream and lightweight razor provided another great shave. I know there has been a lot of argument, but for me the Wizamet blade seems to shave exactly like the Polsilvers.
sQPrjU9.jpg

Sotd-2-11-19.jpg

Sotd - Saturday the 2nd of November

Prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Schick O type clone
blade - vintage Schick single (5)
brush - Stirling two-band
soap - Speick cream - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Result - excellent.

Tried and tested ingredients - everything to like and nothing to dislike about this shave. Have a good evening all - yours - I.

Saturday's Shave

I have had a busy week and have been looking forward to this shave as I wanted the Time to Enjoy it @Digimonkey Kindly sent me some his hand made soap and I wanted to enjoy that a beautiful soap with a wonderful scent and an incredible face feel, I really enjoy it.

The Shave Soap is one of my favourites and the Grizzly Bay Brush has just grown on me every time I have used it.

The Razor I bought on the BST and have been using for a week or so , again I am really enjoying it it is efficient but smooth and very nicely made.

The Polsilver Lodz were a gift from a friend on the forum and I can see why he rates these so very highly , I was nervous to put it with this Razor , but it made for a wonderful combo.

The parts Balm is a firm favourite as well , if you haven't tried them in my opinion they offer great performance at a reasonable price.

Preshave: DigiMonkey's Wonderful Mixed Spice African Black Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino – Tundra Artica
Brush: Grizzly Bay Synthetic 26mm
Razor: ATT H1 Plate
Blade: Polsilver Lodz
Splash: Razorock Puros
Balm: Barts Grapefruit and Black Pepper
EDT: Copycat Intense Oud

fullsizeoutput_2e.jpeg

Date:- 03 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Game Changer .84 / Wizamet Super Iridium #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

SOTD : 3rd November 2019.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese unbranded Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap: Williams Shaving Mug Soap / Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Astra SP.(2)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL.

Wilko ~ Men's Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday shave...A smooth razor & blade duo, the mild non-aggressive w.s. classic premium benefited from the astra sp blade,making a smooth efficient duo.The astra sp blades where one of the first blades i purchased when entering the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving, they are suited to my skin rhino type, and have always paired together well with each razor i've matched them up...What more can i ask for.?

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs enjoyable shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 3rdNov.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Vitos Super Red
Occams V2 /No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 10 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Over the last week I have been using the same Feather Proguard blade but switching it between Razors. Today on its 10th outing I put in the Occams in which it had its first outing. As I was in no rush today, I went for a relaxed no hurry Shave which suits the Occams. I often choose to use the Vitos when I want a relaxed Shave, as I find its creamy lather works well with most set ups.
The Shave today was extremely comfortable, and I was able to work away without any problems to ensure I finished up with an all round close finish of the Face Stroking variety. I think there may well be a few more Shaves in this blade which shows no signs of fatigue.

IMG_0230.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom