SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

07/03/23
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2 (No chips(y))
Soap - Tabac
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std Matt "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT
View attachment 101869
A big thank you for all your well wishes yesterday - A quick update on Ruby's Vet appointment yesterday and probably the best news we could have hoped for, the lump seems to be either a knock or a sprain and the vet is not too worried about it. She prescribed a course of antibiotics to stave off any infection and we just have to keep an eye on it for the next week or so. We went in there expecting the worst case scenario and came out very upbeat.

A very nice shave today with the Std finish PILS (although as you can see the top cap has had a light hand polish). The 4 Shaves blade is just about done and has been banked.
Everything else working as it should.
Spot on that, stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Great news Tony.

No shave since Saturday? An absolute disgrace to the wet shaving community Mr Friendly.

So to make up for idly allowing excessive facial fluff to rule my day I return with a most sterling of shaves and one themed, 'Japanese ladies and Japanese lavvies'

View attachment 101811

Baby Metal - Ikon B1
Shonen Knife - Wizamet Super Iridium
トイレのブラシ - Yaqi Moka
Crem de Khazi - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Beaver balm - Nivea moisturiser
'Mr Friendly!'
'And Mrs Friendly expresses her thoughts'

I have indeed been somewhat shaveless but then again I have been working the oddest hours for many a year and being clean shaven became a very second thought.

At least it gave something for a blade to dig in to and what better razor to perform the duties than the Ikon armed with a new Super Iridium. These blades were kindly sent by @Digimonkey as a possible replacement for the now unobtanium Polsilver Lodz and they are more than worthy to take up the mantle.

The Arabian Dreams is very much becoming a bit of a hit with me and the scent is so divine. Very sultry in a way and with an air of mysticism about it. If there was a matching splash or Cologne I'd be straight in......but there isn't. From sultry to sulky.

Still, throw all the ingredients together, do that shaving thing and voila, un afeitado fantástico. All ready to face another day on that rather large mud puddle called the river Humber, and a matching smoothness.

Hope everyone is well and I remain having that love for you all.

Why the Japanese girly bands?...........

God knows what they are going to think with some 62 year old in the audience when I get to see them in May. I don't see them exchanging mobile numbers so we can keep in touch by text.
They’ll say “Look it’s Chris the clean shaven @Satanfriendly groupie!”

07/03/23
Tabac Tuesday
Soap - Tabac
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT
View attachment 101869
A big thank you for all your well wishes yesterday - A quick update on Ruby's Vet appointment yesterday and probably the best news we could have hoped for, the lump seems to be either a knock or a sprain and the vet is not too worried about it. She prescribed a course of antibiotics to stave off any infection and we just have to keep an eye on it for the next week or so. We went in there expecting the worst case scenario and came out very upbeat.

A very nice shave today with the Std finish PILS (although as you can see the top cap has had a light hand polish). The 4 Shaves blade is just about done and has been banked.

Great to hear Tony. Stay well all

up09xyO.jpg

06/03/23
Michell's Monday
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 101799
A nice face lather from the Fat and the Smog-hog on this Mitchell's Monday. 2 passes and a bit touch-up from the mild Parker injector set to #5. A very nice post shave with the Floïd post shave products.
My little dog Ruby booked into the vets today as she had a "new" lump about the size of a hens egg appear on her shoulder over the weekend, fingers crossed she will be OK as it does seem to be smaller this morning. She is coming up to 13 yr old and living with cancer for the last 6mth. She is a tough little dog, however, we are are a little worried about her.
View attachment 101801
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
C8C81533-4AC0-4AB9-A153-243027F89A8B.jpegADE8D2C5-6AFC-4AFE-9CE7-F3EFDE77DA74.jpeg
Thinking & Praying for you Ruby
Good Luck Tony i couldn’t think of anything worse

Razor Muhle R41
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 1 )
Brush = C&H V16
Cream = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather with matching Cologne & Balm
Bowl = Captains Choice Aquamarine
8DCB1F1B-5CF4-4BC5-93D8-97937A3FDB58.jpegC59FDF58-444C-436B-AA6C-50A34F85B865.jpegFirst shave back home and a straight 10/10.
iv been crying out for Badger or Boar for a number of weeks & this didn’t disappoint.
The Brush is first class,
Made from Hickory wood found whilst out walking with his family.
Definitely one of my favourites.
The lather was exceptional from an almond size dollopof cream.
The Razor was a first for me and one iv been dying to try for a while,
This one appeared on the bst and i quickly snapped it up from @OrangeSport.
For me this truly is a wonderful razor,
right up my street
Very efficient & not in the slightest aggressive,
It just works & what else could i pair it with other that a brazilian wilkinson’s,
it’s not really that i wanted to pair it with the wilkinson but i better start putting a dent in them as i have so many.
Overall this was the best shave iv had in a couple of months with first class products.
Spanish Leather in my top 3 soaps.
Enjoy your week lads & remember
Stay Safe

Razor Muhle R41
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 1 )
Brush = C&H V16
Cream = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather with matching Cologne & Balm
Bowl = Captains Choice Aquamarine
View attachment 101876View attachment 101878First shave back home and a straight 10/10.
iv been crying out for Badger or Boar for a number of weeks & this didn’t disappoint.
The Brush is first class,
Made from Hickory wood found whilst out walking with his family.
Definitely one of my favourites.
The lather was exceptional from an almond size dollopof cream.
The Razor was a first for me and one iv been dying to try for a while,
This one appeared on the bst and i quickly snapped it up from @OrangeSport.
For me this truly is a wonderful razor,
right up my street
Very efficient & not in the slightest aggressive,
It just works & what else could i pair it with other that a brazilian wilkinson’s,
it’s not really that i wanted to pair it with the wilkinson but i better start putting a dent in them as i have so many.
Overall this was the best shave iv had in a couple of months with first class products.
Spanish Leather in my top 3 soaps.
Enjoy your week lads & remember
Stay Safe
Glad you like it as much as I do

No shave since Saturday? An absolute disgrace to the wet shaving community Mr Friendly.

So to make up for idly allowing excessive facial fluff to rule my day I return with a most sterling of shaves and one themed, 'Japanese ladies and Japanese lavvies'

View attachment 101811

Baby Metal - Ikon B1
Shonen Knife - Wizamet Super Iridium
トイレのブラシ - Yaqi Moka
Crem de Khazi - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Beaver balm - Nivea moisturiser
'Mr Friendly!'
'And Mrs Friendly expresses her thoughts'

I have indeed been somewhat shaveless but then again I have been working the oddest hours for many a year and being clean shaven became a very second thought.

At least it gave something for a blade to dig in to and what better razor to perform the duties than the Ikon armed with a new Super Iridium. These blades were kindly sent by @Digimonkey as a possible replacement for the now unobtanium Polsilver Lodz and they are more than worthy to take up the mantle.

The Arabian Dreams is very much becoming a bit of a hit with me and the scent is so divine. Very sultry in a way and with an air of mysticism about it. If there was a matching splash or Cologne I'd be straight in......but there isn't. From sultry to sulky.

Still, throw all the ingredients together, do that shaving thing and voila, un afeitado fantástico. All ready to face another day on that rather large mud puddle called the river Humber, and a matching smoothness.

Hope everyone is well and I remain having that love for you all.

Why the Japanese girly bands?...........

God knows what they are going to think with some 62 year old in the audience when I get to see them in May. I don't see them exchanging mobile numbers so we can keep in touch by text.
Give up the mud puddle Chris and move to Cape Town, cute tug boats to drive and the weather ain’t bad, I’ve just got back to a rather chilly UK house. :eek:

1987C9E0-DF79-431F-BA45-572114A79AD7.jpeg
8B887F3E-9CC4-4993-B14D-DB78B4B96D2D.jpeg

07/03/23
Tabac Tuesday
Soap - Tabac
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT
View attachment 101869

Splendid news Tony!

Tuesday AM 2023-03-07
Birthdate in 1795 of Johann Georg Ramsauer (discoverer of Hallstatt cemetery, Austria, in which the earliest known pocketknife was found)
3TgE7wZ.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Holy Black Coconut Creeper shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (24)
Holy Black Coconut Creeper aftershave

My monthly blast of menthol. Brrr.
6Hfeu31.jpg
TatGOVq.jpg

20230307_174048.jpg

Frustratingly my Rockwell seems to be delayed on the post. So, the R41GS with a Shark SS had its second consecutive outing.

After my usual two passes with a little tidying my face is utterly, butterly smooth.

20230307_180641.jpg

This razor really is a step up the aggression level from the the other current R41s. Much more like the 2011 model. It's phenomenally effective.

Another day another outing for the Officina Artigiana. I can see a Dimple of Doom gradually appearing and this is a soap I may replace when it's gone, although to be fair I have enough others to use. Another use of the flare tip and Astra green. Might get another go out of it tomorrow. This was another good one, not quite as perfect as yesterday's, maybe my error or maybe the blade going off.
Anyway the brush today is the Semogue soc and the smellies just the Bespoke, a cheapie from Superdrug that's pleasant enough to enjoy when wfh. Happy face.20230307_090020.jpg

Tuesday 7th March

AMWts8CTS-t1kI4NzwPBELFAN9JQnA99CniyQQzdvnNCIwDTuDhvg8s_xX7nB_lPKBYey1oElEbdK47rJ7jAkLa1rTZpvZEVqLnMs9-xu6-w25XxUByy7ek-IxzOGGkULPNKqGOA2cU0kb3Td89arHZQgIXuWg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Racer Super Class Platinum
Old Spice Aftershave

Just when I thought I had a personal rule in mind that I didn't like Lord Platinum blades, I go and thorougly enjoy this one! Maybe I'm starting to "get" the Lord Platinum. This Racer was immediately sharp from the off and delivered a superb single pass shave, which I pushed on to a second pass because I was enjoying it.

To be frank, there's probably not a lot in it between this Super Class Platinum and the Super Stainless that I used yesterday. Make of that what you will.

Give up the mud puddle Chris and move to Cape Town, cute tug boats to drive and the weather ain’t bad, I’ve just got back to a rather chilly UK house. :eek:

View attachment 101891
View attachment 101892

Worked out of there in the early 2000's. Loved the place. Table Mountain is an incredible back drop and makes Cape Town look small.

Back
Top Bottom