SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

Tuesday AM 2023-01-31
National Gorilla Suit Day (created in 1963 by Mad Magazine artist Don Martin)
v1xdfn9.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Iridium Super (1)
Prada pour Homme aftershave
3LawdI4.jpg
cPLRHlo.jpg

6F690411-807A-450C-A550-B288419871C3.jpeg
SOTD: 31/01/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Triumph Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Triumph Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

This new Stirling soap is lovely, the same great base with a slight aquatic scent slightly off my usual citrus base. The Schick seem to tame the Shield ever so slightly, to make an efficient and mild shave that is nigh on perfection. Overall a fantastic start to the day!

View attachment 99847
SOTD: 31/01/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Triumph Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Triumph Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

This new Stirling soap is lovely, the same great base with a slight aquatic scent slightly off my usual citrus base. The Schick seem to tame the Shield ever so slightly, to make an efficient and mild shave that is nigh on perfection. Overall a fantastic start to the day!
I miss Triumph which is a perfect match to Paco Rabanne Invictus. Killer scent !

31/01/2023

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant (+)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (3)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet

20230131_195531.jpg

I enjoyed the WK soap the other night so thought I'd give it another whirl. Still delightful!

Final shave with the Aylsworth Drakkant. I debated using the OC plate but I'm very picky with OC razors. I had 48 hours growth so decided to let the + plate take that on. No issues!

In summary: I've enjoyed my time with the Drakkant. I like the look and the feel of it in my hand. I enjoyed both SB plates. My preference would be for one somewhere between the two but I'd probably opt for the + plate based on current availability. I may add one of these to the den at some point.

A huge thank you to @Holyzeus for the opportunity to try this razor.

Third shave with this Rotbart blade and it's still really sharp and smooth. Paired it with the DLC Yaki which was a very kind freebie from @ekeko.
Really nice razor with good dimensions and weight and a nice finish. Even on the lowest setting the razor was doing ok; I tried all settings up to 9 (i.e. up past the indicated maximum of 6 and round again to 3) and found 3-4 to be about right.
The adjuster nob turns but the rest of the razor stays put, and the movement is smooth rather than clicking into place, so you can get a huge amount of variation on blade gap.
I can see this razor getting a lot of use. I love adjustables and despite the lack of silo doors it makes me think of a Fatboy, and that can only be a good thing in my books.

The Seaforth sample is a croap with a very masculine no-nonsense smell. I'm not great at identifying or describing scents but it is quite a dark and musky powdery smell with lots of other stuff going on, but the scent is not overpowering. It's certainly a good performer and has good after-slickness. I'd use a whole pot if I had been given one but I might not seek it out especially.

Finished off with 1960s Goya Corvette lotion which is nearing the end of the bottle. I don't know if I will keep the empty bottle, re-purpose it or throw it away. Thoughts welcomed.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: DLC Yaki Adjustable
Blade: Rotbart Extra Dunn (ZAO Petersburg)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: Spearhead Seaforth Fleur de France
Aftershave: Goya Corvette
PXL_20230131_204719102~2.jpg

3K4bxNU.jpg

Mining Camp Shave

Prep:
Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet Brown (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: D.R. Harris Arlington EdC

Baking hot in the Great Victoria Desert.

Back
Top Bottom