SOTD: Saturday February 25 - Friday 3 March 2023.

731507BF-3507-4690-ADAE-15125DB2559E.jpeg
SOTD: 25/02/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Stainless Steel
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Emperor Oud
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

Another super shave, it takes a little thought and time but the Yaqi can produce great results. However it’s not a pick up and go razor, it does require thought, time and effort on your part. However it makes a good weekend razor as it requires a little effort on your part.
The soap and oil is amazing as ever and the splash is a new purchase but pretty fantastic. I’ve never tried Tom Ford Oud Wood but this dupe smells amazing and lasts all day on my skin.

Sun 26
Cream Old Spice Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
A lovely rich and slick lather from this pleasantly scented cream is good for the SR shave.
The razor is just perfect now. Maintained and refreshed only on diamond balsa (0.1um) and the Kanayama, the edge is soft buttery smoothness and keen. 3passes without issues for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230226_105833.jpg

SOTD: 26th February 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort A/S Cologne./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning paired together wonderfully.

I have mentioned on many occasions in my posts that The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon citrus scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception that I have used the scent virtually vanishes after I have done my cold-water face rinse.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday February 25, 2023
Razor: 6S Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Unbranded Vintage Burma Shave Boar
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Fresh Lime
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,573

Been busy lately. Lost an Aunt I was close to that lived in New Mexico this week. It's been a rough 10 months between losing my Mother in Law in April and then my Stepdad (more a Father) in Nov and now this. Also getting things in order before I have surgery to help me breath better hopefully. Septoplasty as well as a valve implant requiring a graft taken from behind my ear. That will be Wednesday March 1st. Have Gotham The Five Points Soap and Splash coming as a gift from Pasteur's Pharmacy I believe on Monday, so I may do a video on Tuesday morning to get the review done before the surgery. Hoping I can keep my string of Consecutive shaves going after the surgery but we will see. I was able to do it after shoulder surgery(left handed) but unsure of swelling etc with this so playing it by ear. Have a great day everyone ! No Pic Today.......
Sorry for all your losses, and hope that the operation is successful and improves your quality of life.
Mike B.

SOTD 20230226.
R9RWfMU.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
TDS "Cream: notes of native lilac" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (4).
Pinaud "Lilac Vegetal" ASL.

Back
Top Bottom