View attachment 31648 ~SOTD~ 11th December Monday

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre level Two
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ LPL Fougere
Brush ~ Semouge OC Boar
Post ~BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Yardley 1770

A great shave with the Sabre and the LPL Fougere sample kindly given to me by @patw , thanks mate. A very good soap indeed, silky and slick and offered plenty of protection. The Sabre just mowed the stubble with ease leaving me smoother than any dolphin you could care to mention! :) I finnished with the BBA PSB and a light body spray of Yardley 1770, just perfect!

Have a great day people.........:) P.

Morning Paul,glad you had a good lather from the LPL.
Have a nice day mate and thanks for the tag :)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Boar
Cream: Body shop Maca Root
Razor: Pal Injecto-matic
Blade: Chick

IMG_20171211_102229.jpg
A great way to start the week and proof positive you don't need to spend a fortune to get an exceptional shave.
I was left so smooth I'd lost the ability to speak, and when I attempted to do so, a strange clicking and weird, shrill, high pitched noises erupted from my mouth.

Last edited:
SOTD 20171211.

aRQl1vD.jpg

Yaqi model R151016-S2.
TFS Anniversary.
Schick type O injector (copy).
Personna S/S PTFE coated (10).
Arko Men "Cool" ASB.

Razor > ATT SE1
Blade > Schick Proline P
Brush > SOC 2 Band
Soap > S V Stella Alpina
Post > Lucky Tiger , BBA PSB
A/S > Meissner Himalayan Heights
View attachment 31649

The Stella Alpina is a new addition to my Saponificio Varesino soap addiction....oops ,"Freudian slip", meant to say collection and as per with the SV it didn't disappoint.Great scent too !!!. @Blackmass
Enjoyable shave with my trusty SE1,smooth as you like.

ENJOY YOUR DAY GENTLEMEN

Great to hear you enjoyed the Stella Alpina. I'm not surprised though.:p

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Boar
Cream: Body shop Maca Root
Razor: Pal Injecto-matic
Blade: Chick

View attachment 31650
A great way to start the week and proof positive you don't need to spend a fortune to get an exceptional shave.
I was left so smooth I'd lost the ability to speak, and when I attempted to do so, a strange clicking and weird, shrill, high pitched noises erupted from my mouth.
Kevin,
You had better not try it with a Proline then:)
Mike

Postie came today with my Wilkinson Sword Classic and Omega brush that had been recommended to me so straight to the bathroom :)

I'd also bought some La Toja cream and balm as I remembered liking it previously.

Soaked my brush while I washed my face, put a dollop of cream in the old coffee cup I'm using as a shave bowl for now and went in with the brush. Wow, the brush is amazing, rich, creamy lather virtually exploded out of the cup!

I was also pleasantly surprised by the Wilkinson Sword Classic, didn't know quite what to expect from a £5 plastic razor but it was comfortable and easy to use. Took it steady as it was my first DE shave for a while but there were no dramas, couple of red spots but no blood. Finished off with a cold water rinse and some La Toja balm and good to go :)

Mon 11th December
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Fitjar Havn cream
Schick N3
Schick Twin Japan [ 13 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

After yesterday`s rushed shave, when cut myself due to distraction, decided to play safe. Chose the N3 with a Twin Blade , which some manage to get 20+ Shaves with.
I found that the blade was pulling a bit, but I still managed to get a passable shave without mishap or any post shave problems.Maybe just try it a couple of times more next time with a soap.

IMG_0451.jpg

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

One (and half) growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Citra Royale
Razor: Gillette Thin Adjustable (Setting 6, 5 and 4)
Blade: Silver Star (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Cooling followed by Michael Kors EDT AS.

How comes, just how comes, one week a shave can be so smooth, effortless and irritation free and next week – SAME TOOLS (different soap, but it's P&B, so it cannot be the soap) – and it hurt like… well like I have been Tango'd by a High Being… not once, twice!!!! Maybe it was my attempt at using setting 7 on Saturday and my skin had not settled properly but damn, that shave was not nice.

6 WTG - Ouch, I felt the irritation starting
5 XTG - No better
4 ATG - I should not have attempted this, but it was the easiest pass

Terrible, terrible shave. I have dumped the blade and will endeavour to have a better experience tomorrow.

Cheers,

Brian

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

One (and half) growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Citra Royale
Razor: Gillette Thin Adjustable (Setting 6, 5 and 4)
Blade: Silver Star (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Cooling followed by Michael Kors EDT AS.

How comes, just how comes, one week a shave can be so smooth, effortless and irritation free and next week – SAME TOOLS (different soap, but it's P&B, so it cannot be the soap) – and it hurt like… well like I have been Tango'd by a High Being… not once, twice!!!! Maybe it was my attempt at using setting 7 on Saturday and my skin had not settled properly but damn, that shave was not nice.

6 WTG - Ouch, I felt the irritation starting
5 XTG - No better
4 ATG - I should not have attempted this, but it was the easiest pass

Terrible, terrible shave. I have dumped the blade and will endeavour to have a better experience tomorrow.

Cheers,

Brian
Sorry to hear of your poor shave Brian.

Have you tried the Astra SP with your razor?
I sampled many blades with the slim and found the Astra stood out from the crowd.

Obviously YMMV but it may be worth a try if you haven't done so already mate.

Take care,
Wayne. :)

eNoZ2Fxr_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Fan
Gillette Fat Boy 'D4'
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Antica Barberia Colla Apricot Hull Aftershave

I have looked forward to this shave since I ordered the soap! I was a bit hesistant because spicy soaps usually disagree with me but this soap was trouble free. In my bunged up state I could make out the woody notes, to me it smelled of Christmas as stated, like diving head first in a Christmas wreath, smelled like the Winter Fir scentsicles you can buy. Superb lather as expected.

First use of a Fat Boy and trouble free, just like the Super Adjustable I started on 1, then after two strokes raised it to 3 and from the second pass to completion setting 5. Tomorrow I will start at setting 5. Very comfortable, no issues with size of the head of weight of the razor. Of the Gillette Adjustables so far only the Slim I haven't got on with.

Finished off with a sample of Antica Barberia Colla Apricot Hull Aftershave. A light scent to it, didn't know what to expect but its more of a balm. On application a bit of a menthol/menthol feeling. Scent is ok, thought it was more almondy to me. Happy to have tried a sample but I would never buy it myself at £54!!!

Back
Top Bottom