SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

Thur 14th March

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Wanted a good going out Shave as out for Lunch. I know many think these modern AC / SE are lacking in character, but The Claymore does deliver a good no fuss Shave.

How do you rate it against the vector?

This is going to sound a little very non-specific in terms of performance, but I would say good. I'll be able to say more when I try a super or pro tomorrow.

The head at the blade edge isn't quite as thin as the Vector, so where the Vector gets in to all the nooks and crannies (sounds grim), with zero consideration needed in terms of angle, the shield isn't quite the same. That's kind of daft to say though at the shield is still able to get in there as well so it isn't really a negative.

In terms of looks, subjective I know, but I would say the Vector has it beat hands down.

This is going to sound a little non-specific in terms of performance, but I would say good. I'll be able to say more when I try a super or pro tomorrow.

The head at the blade edge isn't quite as thin as the Vector, so where the Vector gets in to all the nooks and crannies (sounds grim), with zero consideration needed in terms of angle, the shield isn't quite the same. That's kind of daft to say though at the shield is still able to get in there as well so it isn't really a negative.

In terms of looks, subjective I know, but I would say the Vector has it beat hands down. Build quality is good on the shield, but doesn't match up to the Vector - but that is an unfair comparison when you're looking at £150 difference.

Last edited:
Chiselled Face ‘Summer Storm’ sample
Envy Shave ‘8 Ball’
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #1

Ordered eight shave soap samples from three different artisan manufacturers and a Timeless plastic shave bowl from Maggards last month as a birthday treat to myself. Put about half the sample into the bowl and effortlessly whipped up a smashing lather and enjoyed a two pass shave leaving a soft smooth face, the soap had a medium strength fragrance of orange and florals, very pleasant.

Alvarez Gomez Barberia Shaving Cream - lovely stuff.

GEM 1912 -> Ever Ready 1912
UK London Bridge blade (8)
Simpson Trafalgar T3
A&E Amber Rose
Thayers Milky Toner
Nivea Deep

The pictured GEM arrived at my house last night. I have very few problems using a snapped DE in my Ever Ready 1912, so I was hoping the GEM would also operate with one. No luck. The left side of the blade would not stay in the front stop and would slide back into the razor head cavity. It's no big deal to me, as I'll just use it with GEM blades in the future. I moved the London Bridge to the ER and finished out the shave.

Wow. It was a fabulous shave. The vintage London Bridge blade has been excellent in the DEs, but the ER also seems to like it.