SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

Wednesday 13th March

AP1GczN7dwJISsGiXe8Cb5cuCMypls3f0ZVD69bk0k5xFhwyKLVt9A7jLrJBQUYbvBovGGiii1z8Dyn2gl4erLUJR1OuP58C2A8MhrQVO1gh089bXndmJm6PzIeuA_2BIAbxg8aXUQUOkwYbnIEBQqaHG7lRTw=w800

L'Occitane Cade Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk A w/KCG Handle & Feather Professional (3)
Mandate (Vintage) Aftershave

Ahhh ... the blade is now worn in and delivered a lovely shave.

SOTD Wed 13 Mar 2024

Mild but windy Wednesday, shave
268E0F6B-B955-43FD-9D20-CF01BF4B7F0C.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, Knitsley Naturals sandalwood body soap (sample) face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green PP shaving bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DSCosmetic ‘coffee’ G7 24mm synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Treet Dura Sharp (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

Excellent shave tonight, new brush is really good, very different from my others. The G7 knot at the handle end feels almost like a boar brush, but then gets softer and softer towards the tips. Feels nice and made cracking lather in the, hopefully, unbreakable bowl. New blade to me - should be called Dura Bloody Sharp, because it was! No damage but plenty of alum sting. End result, however, was close and smooth.

4C5AAB9B-7F0B-4BF7-BDA1-8988DC28474E.jpeg
It’s definitely not as cold tonight, is it? But the wind is quite bad.
That will be my lasagne that you finished off earlier.
No, I meant - oh, I see, funny that (not)!

SOTD: 14th March 2024.

16.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Blade:Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D2)
Razor: Lord L125.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort A-S Cologne + Fresh ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A comfortable Turkish themed shave to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

My continuing Treet blade focus has been wonderful. It's made me realise how good Subcontinent DE blades can be.

Both of the Parker 92R & Lord L125 have performed superbly throughout the week, especially the L125 providing me with close comfortable shaves.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Fresh ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

A couple of shaves from last night and today in reverse chronological order because I adjudged it important and fitting for the general theme of this SOTD couldn't care less.

So here they are in full technicolor glory and themed, 'The Emporium Strikes Back'

Haven't I used this theme before? Originality for you.

Today

20240313_161818.jpg

In a shower room far far away, Darth Lord Boycie has returned after taking a sabbatical from destroying the odd galaxy or two and charging extortionate prices for discarded bits of old shaving tat.

The Death Star - Muhle R89
X-Blade fighter - Polsilver Lodz
Millennium brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
The dark soap - Alvarez Gomez
May the balmy be with you - L'Occitane Cade
The scent is strong - Hermes terre d'hermes

'Days dark and wallets empty I fear return they do. Hmmm?'

'Wouldn't know mate. I'm just a piece of rock'

Boycie's recent thread on the venerable 89's had me thinking (a rarity in itself) 'Are they?' Well I am pleased to say 'Yes they are'. They are what, I am not sure. But it looks like a razor, certainly shaves like one and damn me, it just happened to clear the facial bum fluff (says a lot about my face) in a very efficient and wonderful manner. An object of legendary status in the world of shaving. If you haven't got one, get one.

To add to the storyline the soap just happens to be a very kind gift from the man himself after crying about the end of the line for Alvarez soap. I may just have to cry about a Wolfman next.

A superb end for the day and happiness all round.

Happy Japanese ladies? Why not?...

'Boring, not again' I hear you say. Sorry but that is the way Japanese girly music goes when I'm happy. Or so my psychiatrist tells me.

Yesterday

20240312_191453.jpg

'Yesterday. All my shaving troubles seemed so far away.....' sang The Beatles.

Yesterday? I can't even remember yesterday. In the words of a certain Viz character...

tumblr_nc7443zdkp1ru67qro1_1280.jpg

That was yesterday - Yaqi Excalibur
Only yesterday - Kai Titan mild
Yesterday, today, tomorrow - PAA Peregrino
So yesterday - Condate
Yesterday's wine - Collegen
Yesterday's girl - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

'Oh Mr Friendly, you are just so yesterday'

What I can remember is this was one smashing shave. The Excalibur has always delivered smooth and efficient shaves for me. This outing was no different.

Well done you wonderful bunch of shaving bits.

And well done to Band Maid for stepping in and taking over the 'Signing off' duties....and a song which excuses me for out of date SOTD entries in many ways.

And of course, I love you all

SOTD 14-Mar
1000024153-01.jpeg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: HoM Shire 2
Razor: Shield SE AC Brass
Blade: Feather ProGuard

Had to switch up to the new razor today, obviously very much in the style of the Vector. Nice smooth shave, think this would benefit from switching to the super pro or pro otherwise it was a nice smooth finish.

In comparison the brass head is marginally heavier and the handle is slightly lighter when comparing to the Vector, which is nice as I do prefer a slightly top heavy razor but it is very slight.

Either which way, cracking shave, it won't turn me away from DE, GEM or straights but equally it's not going to get dumped on BST straight away.

Have a good'un all.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom