SOTD : Saturday 8 th - Friday 14th |February 2020

4BC4D856-2100-46A4-ADB6-0A3D0E02C289.jpeg

SOTD 02/08/20

I have to admit that this razor is truly amazing! My third bloodless two pass BBS in a row! Today after cleaning up after the shave, I closely examined the baseplate! I always disassemble and clean and dry each razor after use. I've already commented on how the end bars sit slightly above the inner teeth on this OC design, but what I hadn't noticed that first time was the very slight concave bowing of the baseplate. It is so subtle that it only came to my attention after careful observation. The top cap is also similarly bowed. The efficacy of the slant design is well known. Now I'm no razor designer, but I wonder if this slight bowing of only a few degrees produces a slight dual guillotine effect. I guess I'm grasping at straws trying to figure out how one razor can be so smooth and yet so incredibly efficient. My other 51 was not the Luxe model, and it was a smooth shaver, but it didn't compare efficiency-wise. Now it was from the 30's according to the guy I bought it from, and this one represents 40 more years of incremental improvements. So I'll just attribute it's efficacy to that! In any case, my third bloodless BBS with no heat anywhere! Is it possible to fall in love with an inanimate piece of metal? If so, I'm there! Hope SWMBO doesn't sense my divided affections. I feel clean, smooth, cool and refreshed!

RAZOR: LaResche 51 Luxe
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Saturday

Palmolive cream
MÜHLE Mint Green Rytmo set
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

An excellent shave today (predominantly left-handed, some right). Unfortunately, dropping my cap belonging to the Proraso on the bathroom floor caused it to break; so I sent away for one of those spray atomisers. Possibly a wee bit effete; but it'll do the job.
6BE191E7-FE22-4180-B81A-3375B2475ACE.jpeg

Saturday AM 2020-02-08

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (26/54)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/UFO Titan Fine
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (12)
Mennen Skin Bracer
JlXGna9.jpg

Saturday's Shave

Bit of a Sandalwood thing going on !

Preshave : The Perfect Start ! African Black Soap
Brush: A Quality Performer the Cadman Mph Brush
Soap: My Favourite Mdc Original sadly the ring of death has appeared.
Blade: The ever Reliable Med Prep
Razor: A class act the wonderful Karve
Splash: Porasso Sandalwood , I have forgotten how good this is.
Balm: Fantastic Bart's Rosemary and Sandalwood
EDT: Dunhill Pursuit

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

20200208_104147.jpg

Pre - Proraso Green​
Soap - Saponicifio Varesino 'Felce' (Sample)
Brush - Raazorock Plissoft Barber 24
Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Scuttle - Steve Woodhead
Post - Homemade Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil
Balm - Classic Aramis
Fragrance - Classic Aramis

Had a rare 3 pass shave, very near BBS. First ever use of an Astra apart from a yellow MK1 with a black vinyl roof back in the day. Nice blade but think the Polsilver might be my go to blade in the AS-D2. Been a while since I'd used the Aramis and forgot what a great old school fragrance it is.

Have a great weekend all.

SOTD : 9th February 2020.

f.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap + Arko Maximum Comfort Shaving Cream.

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond.(2)

Razor: Lord L125.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving Anti-Irritation ASLB.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave..

Another wonderful razor / blade combo..The egyptian made razor is another razor i've infrequently used since it was passed on to me,today is another example to myself that you don't need expensive shaving products to have socially acceptable shaves...However, it's always nice to use my what i consider "posher shaving items" in my den, but equally the same with my least expensive as i appreciate both and get the same pleasure & enjoyment from both...Today was no exception with this very inexpensive shave set up...I never forget my humble beginning's when i first entered into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving..I've mentioned in many of my postings,that the vast majority of my SOTD set ups are very non-expensive,which i get great pleasure from when shaving with them.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Anti-Irritation ASLB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

09/02/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Balm
Aftershave: CK One

Wk7 (2).JPG
As easy as 1, 2, 3.
I am refreshed and ready for the day ahead.
Enjoy your Sunday All

9 January

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Merkur Progress 500 (3)
Personna med prep
Bart's Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper
YSL Y

1884ACB0-73C9-4098-8EF4-668BB4160E17.jpeg

Stormy Sunday. Fabulous rich lather from the Wickham and Simpson, and a super close, two pass shave with the Merkur. A top shave today.

Date:- 09 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Back
Top Bottom