SOTD: Saturday 8 th - Friday 14 th June 2019

10/6/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Derby Premium (1)
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

The Yaqi Rainbow might be the best performing brush I own, seems to have a very good balance of loft height, glue bump and density of fibres to allow to it create a huge amount of lather from a small amount of soap in the least amount of time. Whilst I was being impressed by how efficient the brush was, it just felt a bit charmless at the same time probably why I seem to gravitate towards using boar brushes.

First time using a Derby Premium. Like many others my association with the Derby brand when it comes to blades isn't really a good one, as the Derby Extra is one of the blades that isn't the sharpest or the smoothest. I've found my Ball End Tech to be my favourite razor to test new blades, and to my surprise the Derby Premium was an absolute delight to shave with, I'd say it's very close in the shave with the Gillette Platinum - a mid sharpness blade that is incredibly smooth but efficient nonetheless. Really pleased with the shave today.

Anyway chaps, have a good Monday. Hope the sky isn't too grey where you are. It's endlessly grey here in SW London today....

10/06/19

Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Lemon flower
Brush: Yaki Mysterious Space 24mm
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE Stainless steel (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Proraso Red
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport

A Great shave to start the week.
Everything worked really well and I have really enjoyed the experience. The Sabre is really coming into its own as i get more familiar with it.
No issues to report and a very close comfortable shave. Some light indication from the Alum Block
Rehydrated with some E45 and a splash of Old Spice Pure Sport.
Have a great week All

Date:- 10 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Spice Vitae
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #12
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Jabonman ‘Orange,Patchouli, Ylang Ylang'
Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft 2
Ever Ready Jewel
GEM coated #5
Fine ‘L'Orange Noir' AS

A sunny morning [emoji3508]shave with the great smelling soap paired with the citrus aftershave. Make the most of the sunshine as the weather is a bit grim for the rest of the week in Cheshire.[emoji299]️[emoji299]️

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-76 (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Geo. F Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

The influenza season had hit hard here in Western Australia, and I succumbed some three weeks back. Unfortunately, in my case it became pneumonia, so I have been most unwell for the last 10 days.
An intensive course of multiple antibiotics has done the trick, and I have turned the corner, but my recommendation to all if you've not already done so is to pop along to your Medical Centre and get an influenza vaccination.
I was seeking a comforting shave, and whilst several other options came to mind, the soap that best expresses this for me is Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak. I loaded the Wolfman with a fresh Super Iridium BN-76 and set sail. Three delightful passes - the lather was wonderful and the blade paired superbly with the razor. Smooth, precise and very close, resulting in a BBS finish.
When it comes to comforting scents, my personal favourite is Geo F Trumper's Spanish Leather. A slightly posher take on the Cussons Imperial Leather scent, and just what I was after.

Good morning B, I've decided that The Fat will be making more of an appearance in my shaves from now on, I've neglected this fabulous soap for far too long, I had forgotten just how good it is.
Have a nice day, P.
P,
I tend to use that or Vitos when using a Razor which I know can bite if not careful. I also use it when using a Razor new to me.
MikeB
Have you got your Flippers on down there. I am staying in tonight as the Track is flooded.

Love a bit of sepultura

This morning :

Prep : warm water
Razor : Wilkinson Sword Classic
Brush : MÜHLE boar
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Soap : De Vergulde Hand extra fris (extra fresh)
Bowl : Aliexpress (MÜHLE look-a-like)
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Denim original

This evening :

Prep : warm water
Razor : Fatip Gentile Grande
Brush : Prosaro (Omega) boar
Blade : Personna Platinum (Israeli Reds)
Soap : De Vergulde Hand original
Bowl : Aliexpress (MÜHLE look-a-like)
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Sir Irisch Moos

Yeah, that's right 2 shaves to day. Not because it was necessary but just for fun
Normally I don't make this much lather, but it looked good on the photo