SOTD: Saturday 7th March to Friday 13th March 2020.

Monday, 9 March 2020 - evening for a change
Today I tried a WEISHI Chinese travel razor set, another one bought many years ago. with a Feather blade and LEA Shave Stick, bought in Andorra last year. Lather on face. Stick produces a good amount of lather. Overall an average shave, just about ok on the smooth areas but again had a few nicks in the difficult corners. It's a lightweight like the other travel razor I have - not a solid feel. Still, for travelling it's OK. I think I'll concentrate on the MÜHLE for leisurely shaves.
KPW_5802s.jpg
Bold = change from last shave
Brush: Badger no name
Razor: Weishi Travel Razor
Blade: Feather
Pre-shave: Nuage Shaving Oil
Shave Stick: LEA 1823
Alum Block: Ajanta
After Shave Balm: Bustamente

10/03/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Razorock 400 Synth Plissoft
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Ever Ready 1914
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Bay Rum infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac EDT

Wk11 (4).JPG

Tabac Tuesday
A very nice shave today, Continuing with another Vintage girl, i just swapped the blade from Sunday into the ER 1914
A great Lather from the soap and brush combo.
2 passes for a DFS+ finish, no point in pushing it today.
Enjoy your day All

Tues 10th March

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Pall Mall
ER "Streamline"
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

Though this Razor delivers a good Shave, it needs a lot more care and attention during a Shave than is required with the Occam-Oren used yesterday. Rather nice to know that one keeps on getting good Shaves from a Razor that is regarded by many as being overly aggressive.

IMG_0599.jpg

E3170F7A-F29E-4D1C-BC25-FC2317FA5330.jpeg

SOTD 03/10/20

After two great shaves with the Silversmith, it was time to break out my Grail razor, the LaResche 51. This open comb wonder delivers every bit as good a shave as the Silversmith. My LaResche dates to the very end of production and is NOS. I was fortunate to source this razor in France from the estate of a French collector. Unfortunately, I lost the L'Essor Supreme Adjustable in that same collection when it went for five times what I had budgeted for it.

Needless to say, the razor was an absolute pleasure to use. Without any reservations, my two favorite DE razors are this razor and the Silversmith. Following my usual cold water rinse and a luxurious MWF face and head lather, it swept through my whiskers like Patton through Italy. I took my time and really enjoyed this two pass (WTG, ATG) BBS. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed. Enjoy your day!

RAZOR: LaResche 51
BLADE: Vintage Polish Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Lisa's NaturalsTobacco & Bay Post Shave Elixir

Tue 10th on the road SOTD
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette Winner Special Platinum 2nd
Postshave Alum+Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Clubman GentsGin
What a wonderful lather today. A winner!!Ultra creamy, thick & real slick lather. Perfect combo between cream, bowl and brush!! Pleasant eucalyptus scent.
Shave today with the Slim paired with blade was another winner! Really smooth & efficient and better performance compare to yesterday's Fatboy. 3+1pass at setting 9 for WTG, XTG/AGT, AGT + pickup ATG. No weepers nor irritation. CCF, DFS and BBS today...a winning formula!!
Rating 10/10!! It's been a awhile since a perfect shave day.
20200310_063939.jpg
20200310_064454.jpg

As promised I finally got around to the Timeless OC .95. Not only is it a beauty to behold the Timeless are super well made and the fit and finish quite nice indeed. Love the Timeless Bronze OC .78 also however, that is a different beast all together. The OC .95 is a really smooth shaver and today I loaded it up with a Kai SS.

Soap of the day H et V Cognac & Cuban Cigars. I love the scent and the quality of the soap but some have said that this soap doesn't agree with them at all. Shame because the scent really is so good.

Lovely two pass DFS was all that was needed to get the day going. Rainy day but I wish you all safe travels and happy shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel OC .95
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: Paladin 26mm Select Badger - Sumo
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
John Varvatos Dark Rebel
8B50A625-2649-4681-9509-09C25AAD59B0.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2020-03-10

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Mondial Tabacco Verde shaving cream
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/Stork Advoco Titanium
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
XiVtIu1.jpg

After a very hard day, a long hot relaxing shower . The following shave.

Pre........... Nuage shave serum
Soap.........Proraso red
Brush........Cadman silvertip
Razor........ATT r1
Blade........Nacet 4
Post..........Hot and cold rinse, alum
Asb.............Nivea 2 phase

That was a bbs 3 pass cracking shave. Now for a Hendricks & Tonic and just chill.

Pleasant shaves to you all. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom