SOTD: Saturday 7th March to Friday 13th March 2020.

Sat 7 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip Badger
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade Bic Chrome Platinum 5th
Postshave Alum + Thayers Lemon
Aftershave ClubmanWhiskyWoods
Load from soap and face lather....nice soft brush feel and real pleasure building a thick slick creamy lather.
Shave was terrific with razor and blade combo. 3 pass with 3 settings..
Set 6 wtg Set 5 xtg/atg Set 4 atg + pickup. Result was a CCF with 95% BBS. 1 unexpected weeper.
Rating today 9.5/10
20200307_124007.jpg
20200307_125616.jpg

AA312182-5C3F-4BED-A37A-8BED412ECA21.jpeg

SOTD 03/07/20

Pretty good shave today with a new brush from Evan (@MrEE) and a new soap, Imperial Glycerin soap. The new brush performed beautifully and whipped up what at first glance appeared to be thick lather. When I shave I lather up both face and noggin, and start my first WTG pass on my face and then proceed to the dome.

My problem was that by the time I finished the first pass on my face, the lather on my dome had pretty much faded away, requiring me to lather up the dome again. Once freshly lathered, the first dome pass required me to keep lathering. After finishing the sides, I noticed that the lather on the back of my head had faded, and required a fresh coat. Thus I finished that first pass, and liked the soap's slickness and glide when freshly applied but the need to continue relathering was annoying.

For my second pass, I thought that I should devote more time to the actual lather generation. So I spent a few minutes lathering away. Unfortunately, I had the same experience with the second XTG pass on the dome again. The face shave was relatively uneventful, but it was the noggin scrape which was the problem again.

For my final ATG pass I decided to wait to lather the dome until after completing my face. But again, even with lathering the dome shortly before that third pass experienced lather fade on the back of my head. I will say that when the lather was fresh the glide and slickness was fine.

The continual need to keep reapplying lather on the dome was annoying. The shave itself ended up as a very good DFS+. The post shave feel was good, but I guess I'm spoiled. I just love my MWF. I'll give this soap one more swing tomorrow with the first pass, but I'll make sure my MWF is handy if I reexperience the lathering issue. The new Badger/boar brush is excellent! I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Rex Ambassador (5,3,3)
BLADE: Vintage Polish Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: MrEE #007 Badger/Boar
SOAP: Imperial Glycerin
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Florida Water AS/Cologne Splash

Sotd-7-3-20.jpg

Sotd - today - Saturday the 7th of March - I managed to post on the same day I shaved - well done me.

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell - plate 4
blade - Nacet (4)
brush - Maseto finest 2-band
soap - Nivea cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Sensitive
balm - Nivea Sensitive
scent - Dior Sauvage edp.

Result - really, really good - might need another really in there - didn't know where to go with today's shave and decided to take inspiration from @Palmolive fox post earlier - went all Nivea - and I am very glad I did - it is an oft repeated maxim - mainly because it is true - you don't need to spend a pile of cash to get a cracking shave - which this one was. I hadn't used the Maseto brush for a while - cloud soft tips and all the backbone you want for face lathering - the only downside - it sheds like an anteater with alopecia - hopefully it will stop doing this. The Nacet continues to impress - still going strong and feels like there is a bit more life left in it. So - job done - I enjoyed that very much - I'm smoother than a lightly buttered stealth otter wearing a graphene coated smoking jacket - drinking a dry martini. Which is pretty smooth - I think you will find. Do you remember when shaving yourself was a horrendous chore? - thankfully a distant memory for me. Enjoy your weekend - one and all - yours - I.

View attachment 52111

Sotd - today - Saturday the 7th of March - I managed to post on the same day I shaved - well done me.

Prep - facial scrub
blade - Nacet (4)
soap - Nivea cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Sensitive
balm - Nivea Sensitive

Result - really, really good - might need another really in there - didn't know where to go with today's shave and decided to take inspiration from @Palmolive fox post earlier - went all Nivea - and I am very glad I did - it is an oft repeated maxim - mainly because it is true - you don't need to spend a pile of cash to get a cracking shave - which this one was. I hadn't used the Maseto brush for a while - cloud soft tips and all the backbone you want for face lathering - the only downside - it sheds like an anteater with alopecia - hopefully it will stop doing this. The Nacet continues to impress - still going strong and feels like there is a bit more life left in it. So - job done - I enjoyed that very much - I'm smoother than a lightly buttered stealth otter wearing a graphene coated smoking jacket - drinking a dry martini. Which is pretty smooth - I think you will find. Do you remember when shaving yourself was a horrendous chore? - thankfully a distant memory for me. Enjoy your weekend - one and all - yours - I.
I completely agree about the Nivea cream Iain. It's a fantastic performer!

View attachment 52111

Prep - facial scrub
blade - Nacet (4)
soap - Nivea cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Sensitive
balm - Nivea Sensitive

The humble Nivea shaving products are a trusted favourite of mine..Thanks for the mention .
Regards. B

Saturday AM 2020-03-07

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (26/54)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) with a few drops of the aftershave in the lather
Wolfman WR1-SB/UFO Colibri
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (11)
Mennen Skin Bracer
IP6Yl8F.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Col. Conk superbadger (nice little brush)
Cyril Salter vetiver shaving cream
1930 Criterion Gold Deluxe New/Super Iridium
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Royal Bay Rhum cologne

Second shave with this aggressive razor. Needs paying attention while on my face to avoid color in the lather. Heh, almost successful except for 2 small weepers. Shaves like the Norfolk set I sold years ago because it was too much for me at that time.

The Salter cream is quite good, with very nice cushion and slip.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• 20200307_062455.jpg
    20200307_062455.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1
Saturday, 7 March 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum
Fragrance: GFT Eucris

Seems to be my usual Saturday recipe for a Saturday 3 pass, BBS shave. Had the opportunity to be in London during the week and was able to visit GFT (picked up a tub of Eucris) and T&H (a tub of Limes). I'll report on the latter later. In any event, have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

Back
Top Bottom